ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP and FLTR processing times

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

i_worker
Newly Registered

WP and FLTR processing times

Post by i_worker » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:41 pm

Sorry if it is an old question, but does anyone know why it takes so long to process WP and FLTR applications?
Introducing fast procedures in HO since 15th July didn't speed up the whole process. Even know it takes them 40 days to process FLTR application.
That makes nearly impossible to change employer if you are on WP.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:09 pm

yes true.Some employers are ready to sponser if its done 2,3 weeks but its taking 6 weeks now a days and its hard for them to wait so long ... and this makes changing jobs very difficult ... :cry:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:10 pm

i_worker wrote:Sorry if it is an old question, but does anyone know why it takes so long to process WP and FLTR applications?
Resource (staff) constraints due to the vacation season coupled with increased FLR demand e.g. bulk of student visa extension applications submitted in August prior to start of new academic terms. If delays an issue there is always the option (albeit challenging) of an out of country WP visa/ entry clearance application.

i_worker
Newly Registered

Post by i_worker » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:45 pm

If delays an issue there is always the option (albeit challenging) of an out of country WP visa/ entry clearance application.
Could you elaborate this please?
As I understand it is possible to after WP approval leave the UK and get a new visa in UK's embassy abroad.
Two questions:
1. Does my whole family need to go abroad or they can switch in country?
2. Do I need to go to the embassy in country of my nationality or it could be any UK embassy (Ireland, France for example)?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:39 pm

1. Not sure about this Q. My understanding is you want to get a WP visa overseas then re-enter the UK and apply for FLR for your family? Nope - in country switching for dependents has always been discretionary. The regulations have been amended to eliminate such discretion unless there are extremely compelling circumstances e.g. severe illness preventing your dependent accompanying you for the visa issuance overseas. I am not aware of this applying in your case.

2. UK diplomatic posts will only accept applications in categories leading to settlement e.g. work permits, HSMP from nationals or legal long term residents i.e. not visitors. You can call call around the various posts in neighbouring countries but not sure you will get anywhere - I know the British High Commission in Dublin and the Embassy in Paris will not accept your application if the national/ long term residence criteria is not fulfilled. Don't forget to account for the costs and hastle of getting a visa to the country in which the British Post is located - as a minimum they will require an employers letter stating that you will resume employment after your trip. They will also insist that you have a substantial period of time left on your UK visa after your return - nominally 6 months.