ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RRR/PR Madness

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RU55IAN
Newly Registered

RRR/PR Madness

Post by RU55IAN » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi All!

This week I have had a crazy experience with Home Office, a positive one though.

I retained ny rights of residency after divorce from an EEA national using EEA2 form. In June 2014 I was issued with a residence card for another 5 years.

After a few months of communication with my ex-wife she managed to dig out additional evidence such as wage slips, P60 for every single year and month during our marriage and even prior to it when we just had a relationship.

On November 20th 2014 I sent a bunch of documents and an EEA4 form directly to the case worker who dealt with my case back in June 2014 and the next day I received a phone call from her.

In essence, she asked me why I was applying for PR if I already have it. I was lost for words!!!

The residence card I have states that I am a family member of an EEA national and it is for 5 years + I have a letter saying that I retained the right of residency after divorce.

Now, permanent residence card is issued for 10 years but in reality has no expiry date and you are only required to update your picture after the 10-year period elapses. Mine is for 5 years.

My case worker said that apparently there is an issue with wording when people retain their rights and Home Office is aware and she will issue me with an additional letter confirming my permanent residence status.

Basically, I have had my PR for 6 months without even knowing it. It's a nice surprise and all but I am confused as hell and not sure whether this letter will be accepted when I apply for naturalisation and maybe in other instances.

Just thought I'd share this info.

RU55IAN
Newly Registered

Re: RRR/PR Madness

Post by RU55IAN » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 am

Update!

I contacted my case worker directly and this kind lady told me that she had arranged for a new correct (Permanent Residence for 10 years) residence card to be issued and placed into my passport and the old one to be destroyed.

Sometimes Home Office provides fast and reliable service. I'm impressed!

rochester845
Newly Registered

Post by rochester845 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm

hello,

please i want some information because i have ror after divorce oct 2014,
how you contact your case worker?
and which documents you sent with eea4 application,
thanks

RU55IAN
Newly Registered

Post by RU55IAN » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi!

Okay. In order to contact your case worker you have got to know their name and then you can send them an email using this format:

name.surname@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Otherwise you can call this number: 0300 123 2253 and choose the appropriate option. You will not be put through to a case worker unless it is an exceptional situation but you can ask the person you speak to pass the message onto the case worker.

The documents I sent as follows:

Ex-partner's wage slips + P60 forms covering 5-year period
Utility bills in both names
My bank statements
Ex-partner's WRS registration certificates
Tenancy agreements in both names
Various HMRC forms in both names
Comprehensive private medical insurance certificates in my name
My passports new and old + both of my residence cards
Photographs x2
Decree Absolute certificate
My wage slips
I also put the following documents but it is not necessary:
Copies of ex-partner's passport
My CRB certificate
My Life in the UK test certificate

I also created my own absence table totalling 260 during 5-year period.

Hope this helps.

khali8

Post by khali8 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:30 pm

hi,,
did u send your all documents by email to your case worker or by post???
how did you find out your case worker name?

rochester845
Newly Registered

Post by rochester845 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:34 pm

hello
thank you for your information,

please can you tell me i was got married feb 2009 and divorce oct 2014

but i got my first residence card dec 2010 can i count my five years from marriage or from residence card

and also i have her some pay slips but i got emloyment history from hmrc last five years

employment hiatory letter enough to show last five years work history because my ex lost her pay slips

and one more question can i apply nationality without pr after six year of marriage,

thanks for your reply

regards

RU55IAN
Newly Registered

Post by RU55IAN » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi again!

I sent all the documents by post. It is the only way to do it. Nobody accepts emailed documents at UKBA when you submit an application form.

Case worker's name is written on the correspondence that you receive from the UKBA at the bottom of the page.

You can count from the date of marriage only if you are able to prove that your ex-spouse was exercising Treaty Rights during that period.

I am not 100% sure but from what I know just employment history is not sufficient. You better check with the UKBA. If the wage slips are lost P60 forms can be requested from HMRC up to 6 years.

Because you are not from EU you cannot skip PR before applying for citizenship. Only EU nationals can do that. You have to be free of any immigration restrictions for a minimum of 12 moths before applying for naturalisation.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:08 am

Hi RU55IAN,
Can you help me pls? When you completed ROR did you complete section 6- your eea family member's employment details?
Thanks.

RU55IAN
Newly Registered

Post by RU55IAN » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:27 am

Hi Nyamebeye!

As you are applying on the basis of ROR then you are stating in what capacity you claim to remain in the UK, such as worker, student, self-sufficient person and etc. So section 6 is not required to be filled out but you need to provide evidence of your ex-partner exercising Treaty Rights during your marriage and during the time when you were going through divorce.

Hope this helps.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:59 am

Hi,

Please in my own case,got married 17/05/08,Got residence card September 2009,

Separated 2012 ending, Divorce 14/2/2014 and i can only get treaty right stuff till 2012.

I got full employment 5years p60s

September 2014 apply EEa4 apply for permanent card and i was issued another 5years with the same wording like the previorce one.

Please i want to ask thoes it mean i have start again for another 5years before i can apply for PR

Please i will love to hear from as i have learnt alot out of this site which i just discovered after i receieved my passport back and i have been trying to reach my case worker but no reply.Am just stuck. Please any ideal
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:22 am

RU55IAN wrote:Hi Nyamebeye!

As you are applying on the basis of ROR then you are stating in what capacity you claim to remain in the UK, such as worker, student, self-sufficient person and etc. So section 6 is not required to be filled out but you need to provide evidence of your ex-partner exercising Treaty Rights during your marriage and during the time when you were going through divorce.

Hope this helps.
Thank you RU55IAN.
That is helpful. Do you mean I do not need to fill in that section? Neither with my details nor my ex? I know I will provide ex's treaty rights confirmation till decree absolute and then my own. Do I need a letter from my ex's employer abt his employment?
Thanks in advance.
God bless

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:18 am

Hi Russian,

Please i need your help in my case.I have read your thread and i can see how you get back to your case worker after 6month of receiving your second 5years,i have manage to get my ex wife today and she has promise me to get me some of her treaty right since we separated till end of my 5years.

1,Initially i submitted her p60s till 2012. (Then i can re submit it again)
2,Got married may 08
3,got my first 5years Sep 2009 till Sep 2014
4,Make application EEA4 1/9/2014 and got another 5years which is Shocking .

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP TO LET ME HAVE AN IDEAL HOW YOU CONSTRUCT THE LETTER SENT TO YOUR CASE WORKER

Thanks in advance.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.