ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC after EEA4 or as a BC spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ohojska

BC after EEA4 or as a BC spouse

Post by ohojska » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Hello,
I would be grateful if anyone could provide me some info regarding following case :)
Can someone who obtained PR on based of EEA4 application can apply for BC after his wife became BC(previously EU/dual citizenship allowed in her country) as a BC spouse? Or maybe those two paths clashes and he would have to keep following the EU path and wait another year to obtain his BC?

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: BC after EEA4 or as a BC spouse

Post by milan69 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:38 pm

You can apply either as a spouse of BC or after being UK resident for the last 5 years having had PR for one year.
I am sometimes wrong.

Julian11

Re: BC after EEA4 or as a BC spouse

Post by Julian11 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Well, you kind of apply via both really. You prove treaty rights for five years (by showing PR), then you prove residency via spouse (3 years, removing the requirement of having to hold PR for one year).