ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anda79
Newly Registered

English language

Post by anda79 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:08 pm

Question No. 8 from the HSMP form is:
8. Do you speak English? Please tick one
❏ Yes Please provide evidence (including relevant qualifications) of proficiency in English.
❏ No Please supply evidence that you will be able to carry out your intended work in the United Kingdom without the need to speak English.
Now, my question is: what evidence have you supplied? My husband, had English courses that he passed, at the University, during the first 2 years of study. Do these courses count? Or does he need to take an English exam and get a language certificate?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:23 pm

I mentioned that the meduim of instruction at my University is English.

I asked my current employer to also mention my ability to speak in english and general communication skills in the reference letter he gave me.

anda79
Newly Registered

Post by anda79 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:15 pm

I know that I may seem impatient, but please tellme how you prooved your english language skills. I need this answear, because Monday is the last day in September when my husband can attend a language test (it costs a bit too much and we don't know if it is really neccesary). :(

Seline
Newly Registered

Post by Seline » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:04 pm

anda79 wrote:I know that I may seem impatient, but please tellme how you prooved your english language skills. I need this answear, because Monday is the last day in September when my husband can attend a language test (it costs a bit too much and we don't know if it is really neccesary). :(
it's said ielts test is good.
or tofel,gre..................is ok.

Rajan

Post by Rajan » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:30 pm

You need not to appear for any test. You've to give some evidence(preferable, not compulsory) that you've studied english OR you're using english in day to day life (At work place/ Home)
It may be some university/School certificates stating that medium of instruction was english.

Rajan 8)
---- Never Say No To Life ----

anishpadela

English

Post by anishpadela » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:10 am

Alos English declaration can do...
If you get reference from any of your British friend that he knows you since long and you have excellent commnad over English..this can also help..

Anis