ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU rights after obtaining his PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ohojska

Non EU rights after obtaining his PR

Post by ohojska » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi All,
I'm an EU national exercising Treaty Rights in UK as an employee for 6 years already. My non EU husband holds his RC which expires in March 2015. We got married in October 2009 in UK. Can he apply already for PR (EEA4) ? Will he stop depending on me after his PR is granted? I'm on my maternity leave at the moment and not sure if I'll be able to come back to work so will not exercise my Treaty Rights any more. I know in theory I have my automatic PR for a year already.
Thank you for all your suggestions.

RU55IAN
Newly Registered

Re: Non EU rights after obtaining his PR

Post by RU55IAN » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi!

If you can provide evidence that you were exercising Treaty Rights on the date of your marriage (i.e. wage slips in this case) then you calculate residency of your husband from the date of marriage not from the date of issue of his RC.
I suggest you fill out EEA3 form and include your husband into it and you should both get PR cards.

Once he obtain his PR he will no longer be a subject to the immigration control and will not be considered as a dependant.

Hope this helps.