ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration of a Child as a British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rvk_23
Newly Registered

Registration of a Child as a British Citizen

Post by rvk_23 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been nauralised as a British citizen in Dec 2013 (ILR in 2011). My Wife and daughter are on Indian Passport with ILR granted in April 2012. My daugter was born in India in 2010 ( Neither me nor my wife had ILR at that time) and came here to UK in sep 2010 . I am planning to apply for British Citizenship for my daughter (not for my wife) now. I was going through form MN1 and require some help in understanding certain requirements,

Could someone please clarify ,

a. Which section of British Act does my daughter qualify to be registered as British Citizen ? Is it 3(1) or by home office discretion ?
b. Do we still need to consider the 270 days limit of being outside UK in the last 3 year residence period ?
c. Would references from school or nursery care worker be used in the form ? Are there any other clause/restrictions defined for providing references to a child ?

Apologies if I had duplicated some questions, was unable to find exact answers from some of the posts that I had gone through.

Thanks.

rvk_23
Newly Registered

Re: Registration of a Child as a British Citizen

Post by rvk_23 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Can someone please assist

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:48 pm

rvk_23 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been nauralised as a British citizen in Dec 2013 (ILR in 2011). My Wife and daughter are on Indian Passport with ILR granted in April 2012. My daugter was born in India in 2010 ( Neither me nor my wife had ILR at that time) and came here to UK in sep 2010 . I am planning to apply for British Citizenship for my daughter (not for my wife) now. I was going through form MN1 and require some help in understanding certain requirements,

Could someone please clarify ,

a. Which section of British Act does my daughter qualify to be registered as British Citizen ? Is it 3(1) or by home office discretion ?
section 3(1) at home office discretion
b. Do we still need to consider the 270 days limit of being outside UK in the last 3 year residence period ?
I dont think there is any residential requirement for little children.
c. Would references from school or nursery care worker be used in the form ? Are there any other clause/restrictions defined for providing references to a child ?
References from nursery should be fine. They are not too strict about little children so bacially get any reference you can.

Apologies if I had duplicated some questions, was unable to find exact answers from some of the posts that I had gone through.

Thanks.
Read the FAQ's.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

rvk_23
Newly Registered

Post by rvk_23 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:28 pm

Many thanks for the clarification