ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my jamaican boyfriend (overstayer)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anna_uk
Newly Registered

my jamaican boyfriend (overstayer)

Post by anna_uk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:44 pm

my boyfriend is from jamaica and i am swiss (EEA citizen rights) and lived in the uk for over 5 years now. we are planning to get married but he is an overstayer (about 3 years) - mainly because of me. we don't live together yet (he's staying with friends) but plan to move in later this year when one of my sons moves out to live with his girlfriend and baby.
anyway, i know we cannot marry here so we are planning to do this in jamaica. but with him being an overstayer is there much chance of him being granted a marriage visa?
i heard it's a bit easier as i'll be under the EEA laws and not british laws.
also everyone is talking about all sort of papers that need to be handed in with the appeal. we'll as we have not lived together i don't have much with his name - in fact nothing. how did other people get their partner's (also overstayers) name on bank statments, gas bills etc?
what i have is more or less just phone bills and tickets of when we were travelling up and down to see each other. but again - at the begin we never really kept much.
is it a good idea to get his name on my tenancy agreement when we move together or is that risky?
are we a hopeless case? :roll:
how long would he have to stay in jamaica for? (roughly?)

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:16 pm

It is a good idea to get all the documentation you can to prove that it is a genuine relationship. If you prove this, then the application stands an excellent chance of approval.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!