ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Spouses Different Addresses

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Thedrog
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Spouses Different Addresses

Post by Thedrog » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Dear CR001
Could you or anyone else pls help throw light on my situation. My wife and I have different addresses due to the nature of my job. We have children who where born here in the UK and are now BC after my wife got her BC. Would the difference in addresses affect my application for Naturalisation and BC? Or should I change my address to hers now before applying?
Has anyone here been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance for your help.
I did post this query in a different place yesterday and it appears it was under the wrong topic.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation - Spouses Different Addresses

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:00 pm

I have separated your question from the OPs as a different set of circumstances.

The addresses should make no difference really. If you are applying for spouse of BC, then it is the fact that you are married that counts.

My husband and I were and are still separated when I applied as Spouse of BC and I had no issues even with 2 different addresses.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thedrog
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation - Spouses Different Addresses

Post by Thedrog » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:47 pm

Thanks a lot for your help.