ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resigning on the same day of getting ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shail_144329
Newly Registered

Resigning on the same day of getting ILR

Post by shail_144329 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Experts,

Due to terms and conditions(joining date) of my new offer, I have landed myself in a situation where I need to plan to resign on the day of applying ILR in person. If I get the approval letter for ILR via PEO appointment, would it be safe to resign with my current employer on that day or next day? I will not be getting my Biometric Card by that time. Since I am on Tier 2, I do not want to risk my current job. Are there any chances that Home office can reject my ILR even after giving approval letter? Looking for some suggestions please.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Resigning on the same day of getting ILR

Post by haiksuresh » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:40 am

once your case approved means, you are now got ILR, So no need worry about it. But make sure once you received approval letter, next day you can resign if you want.

Regards,
Suresh

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:00 pm

way too risky, esp you are on Tier 2. Resign after you get your BRP card and land with another job....

shail_144329
Newly Registered

Post by shail_144329 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Thanks guys for your reply. Now two divided opinions have now added complexity to my anxiety. Any more suggestions please?

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:28 pm

If they approve your application at the appointment, you have ILR and you're OK to resign. There are very limited circumstances where ILR can be revoked. However, sometimes there is a delay and they send your decision a few weeks later. In that case you cannot resign until you receive the decision.

I assume if you resign on the same day you still have a notice period to work? So you'd probably receive your BRP before your notice was up and your company tried to notified the HO as well.

shail_144329
Newly Registered

Post by shail_144329 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks. It makes sense.

blinguk

Post by blinguk » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 pm

shail_144329 wrote:Hi Experts,

Due to terms and conditions(joining date) of my new offer, I have landed myself in a situation where I need to plan to resign on the day of applying ILR in person. If I get the approval letter for ILR via PEO appointment, would it be safe to resign with my current employer on that day or next day? I will not be getting my Biometric Card by that time. Since I am on Tier 2, I do not want to risk my current job. Are there any chances that Home office can reject my ILR even after giving approval letter? Looking for some suggestions please.
why cant you wait until you get the brp ?

will a weeks different or so affect you too much?