ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Clarifications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

walldorfian
BANNED

SET(O) Clarifications

Post by walldorfian » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:13 pm

dear friends,

I have few clarifications for the SET(O) 10/14 form, please.

[1]. Myself and my wife are applying for the ILR together. Should one form for SET(O) be sufficient?

[2].
[i]6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first
entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
[/i]

I entered the country on 09.APRIL.2009 - stayed for 4 days and came back on 07.SEPT.2009.
My appointment is on 05.DEC.2014.

What shall i fill for this question? - 09.APRIL.2009 or 07.SEPT.2009?

[3]. 6.2 : Reason for Absence
If all my absences are for holiday - what shall i mention for the Reason for Absence? - Personal or Vacation?

[4]. Lastly, where is the option to include my partner's degree-taught-in-english + pbs recognition of degree?

Many thanks my friends

walldorfian.

gulcurm
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) Clarifications

Post by gulcurm » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:34 pm

walldorfian wrote:dear friends,

I have few clarifications for the SET(O) 10/14 form, please.

[1]. Myself and my wife are applying for the ILR together. Should one form for SET(O) be sufficient?
Yes, one form for main applicant and dependents
[2].
6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first
entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I entered the country on 09.APRIL.2009 - stayed for 4 days and came back on 07.SEPT.2009.
My appointment is on 05.DEC.2014.

What shall i fill for this question? - 09.APRIL.2009 or 07.SEPT.2009?
september 2009

[3]. 6.2 : Reason for Absence
If all my absences are for holiday - what shall i mention for the Reason for Absence? - Personal or Vacation?
depending on your immigration status, you should get a letter from your employer conforming the dates

[4]. Lastly, where is the option to include my partner's degree-taught-in-english + pbs recognition of degree?

tick the appropriate boxes on section 4 (page 15) and provide PBS self assessment in supporting documents
Many thanks my friends

walldorfian.

walldorfian
BANNED

Post by walldorfian » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Thank you. my employer wont give absence letter, im on tier-1 general as the absence away from country was not official

walldorfian
BANNED

Tier-1 Dependant to ILR : 2 year or 5 years?

Post by walldorfian » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:58 am

Dear Friends

My wife is on tier-1 dependant visa. she obtained the visa on 06.june.2012. however, she entered the country for first time on 08.dec.2012.

our appointments are already booked for 5th dec 2014.

I am assuming 2 years should be spent in country since the day of arrival?

walldorfian

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Yes. Her 2 years qualifying period for SET(O) started when she entered the UK. She may apply no sooner than 28 days prior to the completion of her qualifying period. Should be okay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

walldorfian
BANNED

Post by walldorfian » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Thanks Vinny. Much appreciated.