ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizenship when born abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LeeAnn
Newly Registered

UK citizenship when born abroad?

Post by LeeAnn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello,
I hope you can help me. I am just trying to find out if i have the british citizenship and if i can just apply for my first passport or what i have to do to get it. I already rang the embassy but they weren't able to help me and told me to the ring the passport office. Unfortunately i cant ring them from germany as its a premium number.
I am born 1981 in germany. My dad is born in england and always has the citizenship. He was here in the army and my parents were married when i was born.
We went to london when i was a few months old and luved there until i was about 5. I also got christianed there. But i guess that's not important.

Thank you for your help,

Lee Ann

secret.simon

Re: UK citizenship when born abroad?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:00 pm

As your father was born in the UK, he would be British otherwise than by descent and be able to pass his citizenship to his children, provided he is married to the mother of the children and is named on the birth certificate.

As you say that both the conditions above are met, you are British by descent and can therefore apply for a British passport.

As for the phone no for the passport office, try searching for it on http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php, which should give you a non-premium landline number.

LeeAnn
Newly Registered

Re: UK citizenship when born abroad?

Post by LeeAnn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:53 pm

Thank you very much ! :)