ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: Cohabitation Proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

walldorfian
BANNED

ILR: Cohabitation Proof

Post by walldorfian » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Dear Friends,

This is regarding the proof of cohabitation.

1) Is it compulsary to have both our names (main and partner) in the same letter? example: HomeOffice letters are addressed individually.

2) Would credit card statements addressed to main applicant ( page 2 containing wife's name and her joint-card number) be sufficient?

3) lastly, does the content of the letter matter , if it is an official letter, say, NHS stating ...she might be needed to undergo additional tests for TB checks (example)

many thanks,
walldorfian.

WR1

Re: ILR: Cohabitation Proof

Post by WR1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:40 pm

walldorfian wrote:Dear Friends,

This is regarding the proof of cohabitation.

1) Is it compulsary to have both our names (main and partner) in the same letter? example: HomeOffice letters are addressed individually.

No, It is not compulsory to have letters in joint names though it is beneficial to do so.

2) Would credit card statements addressed to main applicant ( page 2 containing wife's name and her joint-card number) be sufficient?

You need at least 6 letters in joint names (or 12 letters in each name) spanning over the required period from 3 different sources. Credit card statements are fine.

3) lastly, does the content of the letter matter , if it is an official letter, say, NHS stating ...she might be needed to undergo additional tests for TB checks (example)

Content of the letter is not important. In fact, in some cases, even junk letter (as long as its bears the name, address and is dated) are even acceptable.

many thanks,
walldorfian.
I would present one joint letter or one letter in each name for every 3-4 months spanning over the required period. You need it from at least 3 different sources, so for example bank statements, electric bill, council tax are 3 sources etc...
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

walldorfian
BANNED

Re: ILR: Cohabitation Proof

Post by walldorfian » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:24 am

Thank you!.

I do believe, we have 12 different letters, individually and maybe 4 different letters with both names appearing.
There is a set of council tax letters dispatched with a spelling mistake.

a) is it advisable to submit this with the spelling mistake ( example: deshpande is printed as deshpame)
b) i can try my luck with the council to issue an email stating of a spelling mistake?

also, is the proof of co-habitation with lack of 2 more supporting evidence a thing to worry?

Walldorfian