ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Refused... Advice and help on next step!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humawakas2014

Spouse Visa Refused... Advice and help on next step!

Post by humawakas2014 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:33 am

Hi,

Applied 30th June 2014 and today Visa was refused for two very minor points.

I am (spouse in uk) self employed and the solicitor I used advised me that 6 months was enough for both personal and business statements.

therefore the two points were Sa302 Form (from Hmrc) was not submitted and the full 12 months bank statements were not submitted. This is not an issue at all and I am more than happy to appeal and provide these documents.

couple questions I have is will Paper appeal be enough? and potentially quicker?

Can I submit the appeal online? I was hoping to submit on behalf of my wife and then provide the necessary supporting documents. Apart from the obvious bank statements and sa302 form what else would I need to submit?

Is there a chance they will just check the supporting documents before any dates of hearing etc?

Also Ideally what is the waiting time for Appeals to be processed?

Please guys any help provided will be greatly appreciated!
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

sherriesmum

Re: Spouse Visa Refused... Advice and help on next step!

Post by sherriesmum » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:54 am

i dont think you can appeal on line.i think appeals can take a long time could be 6th months or so.
you have lost your application fee anyway.
if i were you id reapply and include the 12 months wage slips and the hmsc information.
if you reapply it is quicker.if you appeal it takes time.
also you need to make sure you reach the financial requirements.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:56 am

If your evidence are satisfactory enough,the case worker can issue the visa without getting to hearing stage,just supply ALL necessary documents as requested.
Appeal takes roughly 6 months and there's nothing you can do to make it quicker.
Submit everything you think they might want to ask again about your finances.
You haven't lost anything if you're sure you can supply the documents they ask,you'll fill the form online and pay,then send your appeal to the stated address.
There's nothing stopping you reapplying after your appeal if you think it's getting too long,but I'll suggest you appeal IF you have the documents.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:49 am

That solicitor is absolutely useless! It's quite clear in the rules that self employment evidence must be the last full financial year.

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:26 pm

SoHopeful wrote:That solicitor is absolutely useless! It's quite clear in the rules that self employment evidence must be the last full financial year.
trust me! I am fuming hes from a very reptuable company in Nottinghamshire too. He is a barrister by trade.

I have decided to reapply instead of appeal.
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa