ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistani Passport, ILR obtained, no British passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ImmigrationImmigrationImm
Newly Registered

Pakistani Passport, ILR obtained, no British passport

Post by ImmigrationImmigrationImm » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to know whether I could leave the UK on my Pakistani passport, e.g to go to Spain, even if I do not have a British passport but have ILR?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Friend

Post by Friend » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:12 pm

No, you need a visa.

Newly Registered

Post by ImmigrationImmigrationImm » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:18 pm

Friend wrote:No, you need a visa.
Thanks

So I will need an visa if I wish to travel on my Pakistani Passport but not if I had a British as long as it was within the the EU.

I jst wanted to ask what your authority for this advice, just for my piece of mind, please do no take offence!

Friend

Post by Friend » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:34 pm

ImmigrationImmigrationImm wrote:
Friend wrote:No, you need a visa.
I jst wanted to ask what your authority for this advice, just for my piece of mind, please do no take offence!
This is just from what I know and from my personal experience.

ILR gives you right of stay in UK but as you are neither a UK national nor a EU national, you will need a visa to visit any other EU countries. I am sure someone will come along and advise if I am wrong.

JUK
Newly Registered

Post by JUK » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:58 pm

No Friend you're totally right

UK is not a part of the sheingen Space. so you will need a visa ImmigrationImmigrationImm :-(

and you can apply from any embassy of a sheingen country i advise you Holland or France

good luck

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:00 pm

As noted above, you will need a visa to go to, say, Spain. You can read about the Schengen visa on the EU (Europa) site, here.

You are supposed to apply to the embassy of the country that you are travelling to; or, if travelling to more than one country, the country that is your main destination; or, if there is no main destination, the country where you will enter the Schengen area. In London, some embassies seem to offer quicker and better service than others, but although a Schengen visa is valid for all the Schengen states, there can be problems for subsequent visa applications if you apply to one country but use the visa to go to another.

Some countries have long waiting lists for an appointment, so DON'T outlay large sums of money on a holiday or trip only to find out that the earliest appointment is after the dates of travel.

You mentioned Spain: the page about visas on the website of the Spanish consulate in London can be found here.

The Europe board on this forum has lots of stories and information about Schengen visas so it might be worth having a hunt through the threads there.

Newly Registered

Post by ImmigrationImmigrationImm » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:07 pm

Christophe wrote:As noted above, you will need a visa to go to, say, Spain. You can read about the Schengen visa on the EU (Europa) site, here.

You are supposed to apply to the embassy of the country that you are travelling to; or, if travelling to more than one country, the country that is your main destination; or, if there is no main destination, the country where you will enter the Schengen area. In London, some embassies seem to offer quicker and better service than others, but although a Schengen visa is valid for all the Schengen states, there can be problems for subsequent visa applications if you apply to one country but use the visa to go to another.

Some countries have long waiting lists for an appointment, so DON'T outlay large sums of money on a holiday or trip only to find out that the earliest appointment is after the dates of travel.

You mentioned Spain: the page about visas on the website of the Spanish consulate in London can be found here.

The Europe board on this forum has lots of stories and information about Schengen visas so it might be worth having a hunt through the threads there.
Thanks all you hve been alot of help.