ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Easiest exam for ILR requirement?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ZeeIsOn
Newly Registered

Easiest exam for ILR requirement?

Post by ZeeIsOn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi,

My wife has been taking exams with LRN but she has failed after 3 attempts (1 or 2 marks off!). Anyway she is now fed up and wants to try another exam. Please can someone advise about an exam which would be easier? Is PET exams still valid for ILR? If possible i want to book the exam asap which has sample exam papers to practice so we know the format of the exam!

I live in SE London (Elephant Castle) if that helps.

Thanks in advance for your help!

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Easiest exam for ILR requirement?

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:44 pm

ZeeIsOn wrote:Hi,

My wife has been taking exams with LRN but she has failed after 3 attempts (1 or 2 marks off!). Anyway she is now fed up and wants to try another exam. Please can someone advise about an exam which would be easier? Is PET exams still valid for ILR? If possible i want to book the exam asap which has sample exam papers to practice so we know the format of the exam!

I live in SE London (Elephant Castle) if that helps.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Trinity (GESE grade 5) exams are easy. Just 10 minutes of speaking and listening.

http://www.trinitycollege.com/
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

WR1

Re: Easiest exam for ILR requirement?

Post by WR1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Has your wife taken the Life in the UK test yet?

To be honest, if she is struggling with the English test, then the LIUK test is going to be even more difficult. You may consider early preparation for LIUK long before you are to apply for ILR.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided