ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration choices

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CHINN

Immigration choices

Post by CHINN » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:56 pm

Immigration choices
Immigration is a tough thing to do
giving up your job, family, business, selling your house, valueables etc.

Plan before you migrate !
ask yourself :

what is the best country for me ?
will i be able to get a job for my qualification's?

The Truth :

will i have trouble with immigration(extension's ) ? In UK there are extension's(immigrant need 75 point's to get extension)

which country(s) dont have extension's ? CAN(Canada, Australia, New zealand)
which country(s) will not implement restropective immigration law changes ? CAN(Canada, Australia, New zealand)
which country(s) will my children have a better future(affordable higher education & future job etc.) CAN(Canada, Australia, New zealand)
which country(s) allow immigrant's to take a maternity leave without loosing the visa ? CAN(Canada, Australia, New zealand)
what happends to my family if i become sick or i die ?
In CAN(Canada, Australia, New zealand) every skilled immigrant's family have permenent resident's status(no need to worry about family)
In UK family will not qualify for extension

Choose the best country for your immigration because these day's countries are looking for skilled immigrant's/student's/investor's etc. like you- Look out for these

1. Clear path to permenent residence and citizenship(help's the immigrant get good job security, apply for good government
jobs, no sudden deportation/removal(if a citizen there is no deportation if even the person is a big criminal)

2. Local tution fees(university & school) for children & loan for the local fee(why pay $10000's when you can get loan from
government for the local fee even)

3. No sudden visa extention's (saves $1000's) and no restropective immigration law changes

4. English classes and support for all immigrant's(everybody not just asylum seekers)

5. Benefit Access(Tax Credits for hard working immigrant's and there families)

6. Sponsor your children over 18/21(fair and humane dependent visa policy), parent's, brother's, sister's other blood relatives

7. Everybody who get's skilled migration visa have permenent resident's status(no begging for extension's)

8. Maternity leave & no sleepless night's worring about extension's

Answer : CAN (Canada, Australia, New zealand)

please spread the word to would be migrant's(tell family, friends, post this message in blog's etc.)

Source : HSMP forum Ltd- Greenbird

GGLiddy
Newly Registered

Post by GGLiddy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:16 pm

I believe Australia and New Zealand have stricter age rules than the UK. This could have something to do with the greater influx of immigrants into UK as compared to Australia and/or New Zealand. For instance, if over the age of 45, one cannot apply for an HSMP-type scheme to go to Australia.

Has anyone looked into an HSMP-type scheme for Germany? Does one even exist? I remember reading something about a Green Card scheme for Germany that was similar to an HSMP-type visa scheme. Not sure if it's still in affect...

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:25 am

Excellent message from Chinn. It is a pity we did not have such a board in 03 when I made the choice to come to UK over Canada in 03. Struggle to establish oneself in job market, new country etc is simaltaneous to immigration and one is prepared for it but the situation of uncertain residence status is stressful.

One of my friends who is an IT programmer in the US wished to come to UK under HSMP but when I explained him the retrospective changes, even though he would easily surpass the enhanced salary requirements, chose to stay on his H1B rather than come to a country which does not honour commitments to migrants and changes goal posts any time. At least the H1B programme is honest upfront and does not make any promise of indefinate stay in the US.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:55 pm

I was under impression that my Family will get same status as mine under HSMP, means after 5 or 6 years (if rules stays the same) I will be eligible for ILR (or Citizenship), this means that my family will have the same status?

CHINN statement worried me now (In UK family will not qualify for extension )

Is this true?
Kaff

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:33 pm

They will. What CHINN probably meant was in case of any unfortunate thing happening to the main HSMP applicant (before getting the ILR), his family,left alone, will not qualify for an extension on its own !!.
Kaff wrote:I was under impression that my Family will get same status as mine under HSMP, means after 5 or 6 years (if rules stays the same) I will be eligible for ILR (or Citizenship), this means that my family will have the same status?

CHINN statement worried me now (In UK family will not qualify for extension )

Is this true?

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:49 pm

I thought he is talking about HSMP, not dependents..
It is obvious that if your family got status based on your status, then there is no point that family can have extention.
Anyway Thanks for your information,It helped me a lot.

Here are my thoughts regarding immigration choices.
i APPLIED FOR hsmp AND if approved then I will coming to UK with family for only one reason to join my family and friends. I was immigrated to New Zealand in 2003 and now holds a Kiwi passport.

In my point of view.

1. Canada is out of scope, because you have to wait lot longer to get any status
2. New Zealand is paradise but not enough money, and not enough oppurtunities, also far from your asian countries, almost took 2 days to reach to your destination, also hassel of transit visas etc...(I don't it though)

3. Australia, I would love to stay in Aussie, if I do have some family members and friends there. I would say it would be ideal for people who wants to have a good future in very short amount of time.

4. UK as I already mentioned that I am going there to join my family and friends, rest I believe I will figure out how to survive there (as long as I could)

Hope this would be of any help.

**** My personal Experience, can be wrong.. so take it easy****

Thanks
Kaff

vinay shanthi
Member of Standing

work permits uk presentation

Post by vinay shanthi » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:28 am

hi

all persons presently on HSMP but who will be needing renewals of visa better see this work permits uk presentation on international organization of migration website. it is regarding the new points based tier scheme.

after seeing the presentation, i had a few worrying thoughts on this issue and how it might affect people on HSMP.

please see the 6th message in this thread posted by me http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=17729

the 1st post in the thread is the same as posted by chinn here, but scroll down to the 6th message and see the message and the link in that. i didnt want to cross post the same here again.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:30 am

Hello vinay shanthi

I am confused. What has this out of date presentation got to do with the proposed and not yet implemented Points Based System? It is an overview of the work that Work Permits do at the moment.

Did you post the wrong link?