ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 General Extension AND Sponsor License Extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimjace
Newly Registered

Tier-2 General Extension AND Sponsor License Extension

Post by jimjace » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Your help will be much appreciated please.

I am going to apply for the extension of my Tier 2 General Sponsored Visa this month, I am working for the same job, same employer, same role and my salary matched with the requirements too. My employer is willing to offer me another 3 years extension CoS just like the last time, but my company's Sponsorship Licence is expiring in 12 months.

The question is can my company get me a 3 years long Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) when their Sponsorship is expiring within 12 months. And if they can generate such CoS and I proceed with my application , would I be getting a 3 year extension possibly or only for a year.

Thanks in advance:-)
Best Regards
Jim

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier-2 General Extension AND Sponsor License Extension

Post by iworker » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:23 pm

You should be ok to have a cos for 3 years and subsequently a visa for 3 years.
Once the licence is near to expiring, you company will get notifications. I think the first 1 will be 4 months before and then 3 months and so on. They need to renew it visa SMS by paying the required fee.

jimjace
Newly Registered

Post by jimjace » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:38 pm

iworker wrote:You should be ok to have a cos for 3 years and subsequently a visa for 3 years.
Once the licence is near to expiring, you company will get notifications. I think the first 1 will be 4 months before and then 3 months and so on. They need to renew it visa SMS by paying the required fee.

Hi iworker,

Thanks for your time and reply, whats the source of this information please, as in any link to the website or the guidance page number etc.

If anybody else has any details, I ll appreciate the response. thanks

Regards
Jim

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 pm

jimjace wrote:Hi Guys,

Your help will be much appreciated please.

I am going to apply for the extension of my Tier 2 General Sponsored Visa this month, I am working for the same job, same employer, same role and my salary matched with the requirements too. My employer is willing to offer me another 3 years extension CoS just like the last time, but my company's Sponsorship Licence is expiring in 12 months.

The question is can my company get me a 3 years long Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) when their Sponsorship is expiring within 12 months. And if they can generate such CoS and I proceed with my application , would I be getting a 3 year extension possibly or only for a year.

Thanks in advance:-)
Best Regards
Jim

not a problem, the fact that your sponsor's licence expires in a year's time is no obstacle for them giving you a CoS for a longer period