ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby' status while parents applied for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shuttlespy

Baby' status while parents applied for Naturalization

Post by shuttlespy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Hello everyone,

Me and my wife have ILR' and have already applied for Naturalisation in July 2014, application still under progress.

Our son was born in Nov'14 so I need to know whether I need to naturalise my baby son or is he automatically a British and can apply for a British passport?

Thanks much for your advice in advance.
So many things to achieve and so little time....

vinny

Re: Baby' status while parents applied for Naturalization

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:09 pm

If baby was born in the UK to a parent holding ILR, then baby is automatically British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shuttlespy

Re: Baby' status while parents applied for Naturalization

Post by shuttlespy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:41 pm

vinny wrote:If baby was born in the UK to a parent holding ILR, then baby is automatically British.
Thanks Vinny for your help! This info relaxed my mind as I was thinking of shelling another 900 quids for my son' naturalisation! You are a Star!

regards
So many things to achieve and so little time....