ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling to EU with ILR - All family are British

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koch92

Traveling to EU with ILR - All family are British

Post by koch92 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Hello,

I have booked a ticket to Sweden for 31st of December, I will be traveling with my family. But I have ILR, however all my family including my parents are British. I thought you wouldn't need Visa based on some topics I read on here, that said if your partner or parents are British you can travel with them no prop elm under some EU law - which I have read myself on the EU website. I just wanted someone to confirm that to me and of this is actually true and I wouldn't face any Problem and ruin my holiday? Also to show me the EU law that says this? I have emailed Sweden embassy as wel but so far no replay.

I will appreciate your help! Thanks

koch92

Re: Traveling to EU with ILR - All family are British

Post by koch92 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:39 pm

I have traveled twice to Paris myself as part of group with the ILR, 1st time they just let me in(wired I know!) , but another gril with us faced some problem who had ILR too, but lucky her she had her mum and some of her family members so they let her in, and on my 2nd time there were no border checks and I just got in 8) (both times I traveled using coach)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:59 pm

koch92 wrote:Hello,

I have booked a ticket to Sweden for 31st of December, I will be traveling with my family. But I have ILR, however all my family including my parents are British. I thought you wouldn't need Visa based on some topics I read on here, that said if your partner or parents are British you can travel with them no prop elm under some EU law - which I have read myself on the EU website. I just wanted someone to confirm that to me and of this is actually true and I wouldn't face any Problem and ruin my holiday? Also to show me the EU law that says this? I have emailed Sweden embassy as wel but so far no replay.

I will appreciate your help! Thanks
You need a Schengen visa.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:35 pm

An airline is likely to refuse you boarding without a visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Casa wrote:An airline is likely to refuse you boarding without a visa.
Agreed, and there's no time to get a Schengen visa now, maybe if you can pay an expeditor there's a chance if the Swedish Consulate allow it.

Will cost you about £200 though plus the cost of the visa.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....