ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration for kids born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Freeman78

Registration for kids born abroad

Post by Freeman78 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:20 pm

I was granted ILR in Feb Last year on long residence basis and my wife and 3 kids ( born Abroad ) switched to FLR M prior to change of rule ( 5 years route). They have been in UK since end of 2008 as my dependent.

I will be applying for Naturalization application in feb next year and would like to know if i can apply for minor registration at the same time as they are still under 13?

Reason being is , my wife may take another year to pass the B1 and LIUK test as she is preparing for it and i would like the kids to be settled as soon as.

Can vinny , Amber or other senior members shed some light please?

Kindest Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Registration for kids born abroad

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Children born abroad would be expected to hold ILR. If you search the forum, you will see recent refusals. It is even more discretionary as your spouse will not be holding ILR.

3 kids at £669 each is a lot of money to lose if refused and you cannot appeal a refusal. The link below is the most recent one :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 77212.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.