ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kids Univeristy Education

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsm2010

Kids Univeristy Education

Post by nsm2010 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:54 am

Dear All,

I entered UK in 2007 on HSMP Visa along with my dependants, but so far unable to file for ILR due to my excessive absences (more than currently permissible). My kids got much of their secondary education in the UK and at least living continuously in the UK for last 3 years and attending local schools, but would not be able to apply university as a home student.

Next year one of my dependant child would be applying for the university. Is there any scholarship, loan, grant or bursary available for the kids like mine, who pursue their studies in the UK, as dependants of migrants, but for university education they need to pay International fee???

I might not be able to pay University fee for two of the kids, does that mean they would not be able to complete their studies and pursue their future career goals???? Is their any hope somewhere??

Regards,

nsm2010

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Kids Univeristy Education

Post by sagareva » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:46 am

not really
you are by far not the only one
children in this situation often have to wait a year or two until ILR to apply to UNI -- but you have to also watch to make sure they do not work full time, move away from home or become independent as this will make it impossible for them to actually get ILR as your dependants
you can consider part time options for uNI for them, like Birkbeck
other than that you need to look at your ILR options and absences more closely. how bad is it?
HO is actually fairly understanding in cases where children's home student status is potentilally involved and this may sway things in your favor in terms of any concession they have to make, if the route chosen allows concessions
PM me with your case details (or post here of course) if you wish
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

nsm2010

Re: Kids Univeristy Education

Post by nsm2010 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:06 am

Dear Sagareva,

What if I send my Kids to my some European Country or my Home country (wherever I could afford their education), while supporting them financially for their education, and day to day needs??? Will they still be eligible to apply as my dependants, at the time of ILR? I would like to mention that they already completed more than 3.5 years in the UK, as my dependants....

I would appreciate your response for this particular question..

Regards,

nsm2010