ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FPN/PCN Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gulz
Newly Registered

FPN/PCN Queries

Post by gulz » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:50 am

Hey all,

I qualify for naturalisation by two means - via 5 year Tier 1 route, as well as via my wife who recently acquired her British Citizenship (I've had my ILR for about a year now). I am hoping to apply soon-ish. I am stuck with some doubts which may put my case for naturalisation in jeopardy. I got an FPN with 3 points on my license for speeding in May 2014. I have also had about 4 or 5 PCNs over the last 9 year period. Finally, I got an FPN and 3 points for speeding back in May 2007, which got spent in 2011. My questions to the experts are:

1. I did not retain any records of the PCNs that were issues to me (although all of them were duly paid within the first two weeks). Is there a way to obtain the details of all the PCNs that were issued to me?

2. I understand that I need to declare the unspent FPN. Do I need to declare the PCNs and the spend FPN as well? I have read the guidelines and they seem to be very unclear. What are people's experiences? Have any of you with PCNs and/or spent FPNs declared/not declared them, and what was the result of your application?

3. If I need to declare the PCNs, for what period do I need to declare them? If I go for the 5 year route, do I need to declare for the 5 year period, or the whole 9 year period I have been in this country? And if I used the spousal 3 year route, will it be over the 3 year period, of the whole 9 year period?

4. Finally, which option in your opinion is a surefire - 5 year Tier 1 or 3 year spousal?

Thanks

summer08

Re: FPN/PCN Queries

Post by summer08 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:55 pm

I've just received a letter from NCS to confirm my appointment stating that:
''YOU MUST HAVE NO MORE THAN 1 FIXED PENALTY DRIVING OFFENCE IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS''.
Hope this helps..good luck

gulz
Newly Registered

Post by gulz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Any other opinions. Esp around which route I should take - Tier 1 or Spousal?

pnpatel3
Newly Registered

Post by pnpatel3 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi Dear,

Just wondering, Any luck on your applications? I am in the same boat. Would you be able to let me know if nothing to worry (Hope you got BC)

Thanks