ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India with visa expiring in 1.5 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imaheshbabu
Newly Registered

Travelling to India with visa expiring in 1.5 months

Post by imaheshbabu » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Hello All

I am holding Tier 1 General visa which is expiring on 10th March 2015. I am planning to go to India and come back to UK in mid-january.

could there be any problem with immigration while coming to UK as I have valid visa only for 1.5 months??

Please let me know.

Thanks
Mahesh

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Travelling to India with visa expiring in 1.5 months

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:56 pm

I dont think there might be an issue

srivisaN

Re: Travelling to India with visa expiring in 1.5 months

Post by srivisaN » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:58 am

Hi,

I am planning to go for my ILR in Jan 2015, I will be completing 5 years by 17th Jan 2015. I have a valid Tier 1 Gen Visa until 22nd March 2015.

I can even apply from 22nd Dec 2014 but don't want to take a chance it in Christmas time.

my question is, I am also planning for holidays from end of December to Mid January and want to apply for my ILR after returning from India.

Do you think it is a good option ?

Thanks,
Srikanth.