ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child birth certificate as "Cohabitation Proof"

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john84
Newly Registered

Child birth certificate as "Cohabitation Proof"

Post by john84 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi All,

Me and my mrs applying for ILR soon SET(0), but unfortunately we dont have many cohabitation proofs (only joint council tax, joint water bill, and separate bank accounts on same address).

The only recent joint document we have is our child birth certificate, which has our name and same address.
My question is can we use a birth certificate as a proof of cohabitation?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child birth certificate as "Cohabitation Proof"

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:38 pm

So what about the following documents :

Tenancy Agreements
Gas and Electric statements
Mobile Phones
NHS letters or GP letters
Job Centre letters
HM Revenue and Customs letters
Sky/Virgin TV statements
etc etc

The cohab documents don't have to all be in joint names. Any individually named documents to the same address will suffice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

john84
Newly Registered

Post by john84 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:03 am

I dont have these on my mrs name, neither I have time now to get them on her name

I only have council tax, water bill, bank account on her name, is that sufficient?

Using recent child birth certificate is acceptable?

Please advise

f4life
Newly Registered

Post by f4life » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:14 pm

I believe we are in the same boat but I think my boat is sinking . I tried to find letters with name and address this is what I am able to find. anyone please help look at my letter that I sent to HO.

Evidence of cohabitation:

1x Mrs F driving licence
1x Mrs F National insurance number
1x Mrs F medical card
1x Mr A letter from employer
1x Mr A driving licence
1x Mr A HMRC tax calculations letter
1x Mr A & Mrs F tenancy licence agreement
1x Mr A & Mrs F child tax credit
1x Mr A & Mrs F parent of a baby birth certificate showing address on the birth certificate.

Please advice me if I have submitted the correct evidence.

Does it really matter if my baby holds a different name.
In the birth certificate my daughters name is:

Daughter: Mahra Middle Name Surname X
Mothers : Mrs Fatima Middle Name Surname Y
Father: Mr Ahmed Middle Name Surname Z

The reason why my daughter's name is different from the mother and father is because the father wants to change his name to Mr Ahmed Middle Name Surname X in the future. So he decided to name his daughter with the name that he will keep I the future.

Please give your advice and let me know what are my rights in regarding changing names.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:50 pm

What have you applied for, ILR??

Have you provided cohab documents to cover at least 2 years in either joint or single each names?

You can change your name by deed poll if you choose to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

f4life
Newly Registered

Post by f4life » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:54 pm

To CR001

I have applied for ILR and yes the cohab covers 2 year.do you think they will return my application because our daughter is holding a different middle name and surname on her birth certificate which I provided as part of cohabitation proof with my partner and I still didn't change my name via deed poll.

Gazelle
Newly Registered

Post by Gazelle » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:15 am

Hi,

My wife just applied and got ILR successfully at Croydon PEO and we used birth certificate as one of our cohab documents. No questions were raised about it, it seems.

Me and my wife have different surnames and our child has a different (3rd) surname! But I think all that matters is that you (the couple) both have your full names on the document and that the address is the same.

Hope this helps.

f4life
Newly Registered

Post by f4life » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:40 am

Gazelle wrote:Hi,

My wife just applied and got ILR successfully at Croydon PEO and we used birth certificate as one of our cohab documents. No questions were raised about it, it seems.

Me and my wife have different surnames and our child has a different (3rd) surname! But I think all that matters is that you (the couple) both have your full names on the document and that the address is the same.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for reassuring us Gazelle...