ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa 6 months cooling

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

random.thoughts
India

Family visitor visa 6 months cooling

Post by random.thoughts » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:40 am

Hello,
I tried to locate the official guidelines around this, here is my parent's situation.

They were given a visa from 4th April to 4th October 2014 however they only stayed in the UK from 4th April to 22nd August 2014.

I know it is generally best to wait for 6 months but does that mean I have to wait for 6 months from expiry of visa or 6 months from the date of leaving UK? i.e, wait till 4th April 2015 or 22nd Feb 2015?

random.thoughts
India

Re: Family visitor visa 6 months cooling

Post by random.thoughts » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Sorry any updates on this anyone?

KARTHIKRAM12
Newly Registered

Post by KARTHIKRAM12 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:27 am

HI,

I'm in the same situation as you..Did you get any updates on your query??I would appreciate if you could share this information if you have it.

Many thanks,
K

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:32 pm

random.thoughts wrote:Hello,
I tried to locate the official guidelines around this, here is my parent's situation.

They were given a visa from 4th April to 4th October 2014 however they only stayed in the UK from 4th April to 22nd August 2014.

I know it is generally best to wait for 6 months but does that mean I have to wait for 6 months from expiry of visa or 6 months from the date of leaving UK? i.e, wait till 4th April 2015 or 22nd Feb 2015?
Hello random.thoughts,

Do you understand that the on visit visa you can stay in the UK a maximum of 180 days out of 365 days? AS far as I understand the clock starts from your visa valid from date. What you talking about is if the visitor has already got a 6 months validity visa and the visitor has stayed say 6 months in the UK then that visitor can not return to the UK till 12 months complete. However you may try applying for long term visitor visa, to be practical.

Simply Even if you were to get visa for your parents today they can only stay 1.5months approximately till 3rd April 2015.

In your situation if you were to apply for visa in such a manner that the Arrival date in the UK were to be 19th Feb 2015 then provided visitor is granted visa they can stay 1.5 months in visa calendar ending 3rd April 2015 and thereafter another calendar year. However they can not stay more than 180 days in a single visit.
regards
Hope this helps.

uk2k10
India

Post by uk2k10 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:46 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -of-visits
VAT1.5 Frequency and duration of visits

There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the UK nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. However, the Immigration Rules state that the applicant must show that they do not intend to live in the UK for extended periods through frequent and successive visits. An ECO must consider the reason for a series of visits with only brief intervals outside the UK between each visit. The ECO must consider the purpose of the visit against the time elapsed between visits and the duration of previous visits to the UK.

There is no Rule that states a visitor can only remain in the UK for 6 out of any 12 months, but an ECO must examine the pattern and frequency of visits to see that it does not amount to de facto residence.

Occasionally, a business visitor may be required to stay for a period of weeks or even months (for example, where machinery is being installed or faults being diagnosed and corrected). However, the ECO should be satisfied that their presence in the UK on business does not amount to de facto residency and does not mean that he / she is basing himself / herself in the UK and holding down a specific post which constitutes employment and would therefore require the individual to seek entry under the points-based system.

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Yes and once the visa is issued this will be enforced by the immigration officers at the entry ports in the UK. If they suspect the pattern they can refuse entry.

Business visits are completely different issue to family visitor.