ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant VISA-Tier 1 (G) Dep to ILR Dep

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vickycoolest83
Newly Registered

Dependant VISA-Tier 1 (G) Dep to ILR Dep

Post by vickycoolest83 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:08 pm

HI Everyone!

I really need your help.

I have recently got an Indefinite Leave to Remain in August 2014 through a Tier 1 (General) 5 year route. My wife came to the UK in April 2014 on Tier 1 (G) dependant visa and her visa is due to expire in January 2015. I need to ask whether I can use FLR (M) form for her visa extension because it does not clearly say anywhere on the Home Office website that I can use the FLR (M) form, but it is clearly stated on the guidance notes that I will have to use Tier 1 (G) dependant application form if I have got my ILR through Points Based System.

I would be really grateful if someone can help me. It would be great to hear from someone if you were in the same situation and used the FLR (M) form for the extension and please share the application outcome with us.

Many Thanks

Abdul

vinny

Re: Dependant VISA-Tier 1 (G) Dep to ILR Dep

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:23 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vickycoolest83
Newly Registered

Post by vickycoolest83 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Thanks Vinny for a quick response.

So the statement which says that you must not use FLR (M) form if you have received your ILR through a work route is irrelevant in this case if she fulfills the other requirements?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Yes. The Relationship requirements and the Immigration status requirements do not prohibit it. However, bear in mind that switching to FLR(M) resets the qualifying period under SET(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vickycoolest83
Newly Registered

Post by vickycoolest83 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:08 am

Thanks again Vinny!

I will apply through FLR (M) form. As she has been in the UK for only 8 months so I don't mind resetting the 5 year period.

vickycoolest83
Newly Registered

Post by vickycoolest83 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi,

One more query regarding the evidence of financial requirement.

I am the sponsor and applying for my wife's VISA. My wife does not work. I am full time employed and been in the same employment since 2008. My Annual gross salary is £28,700. What evidence of income do I need to provide? and also do I need to show any balance in my bank account for maintenance and anything else.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Be sure to submit evidence that satisfies Appendix FM-SE.

vickycoolest83
Newly Registered

Post by vickycoolest83 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:55 am

Dear Vinny!

Thanks for your support. I did apply for my wife's visa through FLR (M) form and she has been granted initial limited leave to remain in the UK for 30 months. We have received the visa in 5 weeks.

Regards