ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I T2 ICT established staff or T2 ICT long term?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tarkinc
Newly Registered

Am I T2 ICT established staff or T2 ICT long term?

Post by tarkinc » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:19 pm

My situation is tricky now i guess.

My first visa given was - Tier 2 (ICT) Established Staff dated 11/02/2011 valid till 22/02/2014;
and i have arrived to the UK on 2 Mar 2011 and spent most of the time here in UK apart from my holidays and some official visits (less than 5 months combined);

Late in 2013 while in UK, i have applied for extension with same employer and was given a residence permit ; the details are
Date of issue -9/01/2014; valid till 14/01/2015 and the type is T2 ICT Long term Leave to Remain.

Now the issue is, i was trying to get into a different company and but they think i cant switch from T2 ICT to T2G and need the cooling period of 12 months in my home country.

After going through quite a lot of forums and pages i was/am under impression that my initial visa category (T2 ICT - Established staff) is the one to be taken for switching/extension;

Now my current visa about to expire, i need to make a quick decision about extending (tough at the moment) the ICT or convince/explain the new employer (*) that i will be able to switch to T2 G and get a CoS.

Please advice
# If I can switch to T2G while in UK?
# should i say I’m a T2 ICT established staff or LT?
# Will I be eligible for ILR and if yes roughly when?