ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Naturalisation for EEA living in Northern Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iameea
Newly Registered

Irish Naturalisation for EEA living in Northern Ireland

Post by iameea » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi

I’d like to know if I can apply as an Irish citizen through naturalisation. Basically, I’m a Portuguese citizen who has been working and living in Northern Ireland more than five years.

If the answer is yes, I’d be happy if you guide me how to do this. Your answer will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
imeea

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Irish Naturalisation for EEA living in Northern Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:57 am

iameea wrote:Hi

I’d like to know if I can apply as an Irish citizen through naturalisation. Basically, I’m a Portuguese citizen who has been working and living in Northern Ireland more than five years.

If the answer is yes, I’d be happy if you guide me how to do this. Your answer will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
imeea
No. You don't have any right to naturalize as an Irish citizen living in NI, unless you are married/in a civil partnership with an Irish citizen.

If you have been exercising treaty rights (working/self-employed/studying with sickness insurance or self-sufficient with sickness insurance) for 5 years in the UK, you should be eligible to apply for PR. After holding PR for 1 year in the UK, you should be eligible to apply for UK citizenship.

iameea
Newly Registered

Post by iameea » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks chaoclive, Merry Christmas

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:01 pm

iameea wrote:Thanks chaoclive, Merry Christmas
You too :)
Good luck with your PR application (should you decide to apply!).

NI47JC
Newly Registered

Post by NI47JC » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Hello Chaoclive! Thanks for the message but i cant open it coz im new member and im dying to read it, i hope you can give me advice if i need to renew my eea2 visa that will expire on november 2015, i got my approval but waiting for the ceremony. Im not invited on 16 October in Galway so maybe the next one is on January 2016

All the best!

NI47JC
Newly Registered

Post by NI47JC » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Chaoclive about your question

Sorry, the PM was from me. I was just asking about the documents that you supplied re: your residence in the island of Ireland.

We live in Belfast too. My partner will apply for Irish citizenship in a year or so so I'd like to get everything sorted in advance.

Thanks so much
CC

PS: I'm not sure about the EEA2, but I wouldn't think that they would need to see it. I would email the citizenship guys and ask if they will need to see it: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie. Sorry to disappoint you!

Applications base on marriage to irish, im 5 years married and 5 years here in Northern Ireland.
Good luck in your future application!

NI47JC
Newly Registered

Post by NI47JC » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:31 am

[quote="NI47JC"]Chaoclive about your question

Sorry, the PM was from me. I was just asking about the documents that you supplied re: your residence in the island of Ireland.

We live in Belfast too. My partner will apply for Irish citizenship in a year or so so I'd like to get everything sorted in advance.

Thanks so much
CC

PS: I'm not sure about the EEA2, but I wouldn't think that they would need to see it. I would email the citizenship guys and ask if they will need to see it: citizenshipinfo@justice.ie. Sorry to disappoint you!

Applications base on marriage to irish, im 5 years married and 5 years here in Northern Ireland. I gave all the requirements the needed and organised everything.

Good luck in your future application!

Ir13
Newly Registered

Post by Ir13 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:28 pm

Sorry to Jump in this thread but I've been searching for a similar topic, but I can't find it, can someone address me to right thread please, thank you.
I am lookig for the documents that you supplied for Irish Naturalisation through marriage for Non- EEA living in Northern Ireland.