ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for benefits when my husband has only two year visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sez91
Newly Registered

Apply for benefits when my husband has only two year visa

Post by sez91 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:09 pm

Hello

Can you please help me? Am a british citizien for the pass 12 years, am been married and my husband had two year visa which is going to expire in March 2015 so end of december am going to send it of to another two years because he cant pass the life in UK test. am currently 4 month pregnant, during this past two year we didnt get any benefits including my self. Now am expenciting a baby what i want to know is if i apply for housing benefit or any other type of benefit would it have any harm on my husbands visa? On his passport it says spouse by me. Please give me much information as you can.

Thank you

s1344678

Re: Apply for benefits when my husband has only two year vis

Post by s1344678 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:29 pm

I'm not sure what has the life in the UK test got to do with visas. You only need to pass it to apply for naturalization or ILr

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 pm

If you apply to extend his visa, he should be fine to apply for ILR on Set(M) as soon as he passes LIUK.

You can claim any benefits that you are entitled to.

Child benefit in your name.

Tax credits in joint names (you and spouse)

Housing benefit you will only receive the single LHA as your spouse is not entitled unless he has ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sez91
Newly Registered

Post by sez91 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:27 pm

So i can applyh for all benefits i can, when i apply for benefits i wont include my parther because his not entited to receive any benefit. I have sended off my husband vise for another two years but still have not applied for any benefits i just want to make sure it wont cause problem for my husband visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Tax credits must be in joint names with your husband. This particular benefit is allowed on joint names.

Everything else you are entitled to, only in your name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sez91
Newly Registered

Post by sez91 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:13 am

CR001 wrote:Tax credits must be in joint names with your husband. This particular benefit is allowed on joint names.

Everything else you are entitled to, only in your name.

But then if i put my husband name in he wont be allowed to get any benefits because now his going to have the CARD pasport now where he will have his biometric fingerprint which says his not allowed to get any benefits. Rather then gettin working tax credi cant i apply for job seekers allowance, housing benefit, working tax credi and child tax credi