ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Dependent to Tier 2 Visa - Steps to follow ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deepeshmm
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Dependent to Tier 2 Visa - Steps to follow ?

Post by deepeshmm » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:00 am

Hi All,

I have received Tier 4 Dependent Visa, and i plan to apply for a job in UK from India. My wife is currently doing Full Time MBA in UK, so she's eligible to work for part time 20 hrs and full time during vacation, so automatically i am also eligible to work.
Ok, my questions:
1. When i apply in a job portal, or company career section, they have a column where they ask.. Do you have valid visa to work?
In this case, do i put "Yes" ? , but i do not hold a Tier 2 Visa.
2. Is it possible that the recruiter recruits me under Tier 4 dependent visa, then i go there and switch to Tier 2 in UK itself ?
3. Or is it mandatory that i NEED a Tier 2 visa before i can start working in UK ?

Any help would be great !

vinny

Re: Tier 4 Dependent to Tier 2 Visa - Steps to follow ?

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:32 am

1. "Yes", as 319D does not prohibit you from working.
2. Yes, if you satisfy 245HD.
3. Not mandatory because of 1.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.