ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for 4 month baby

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gunesz
Newly Registered

Schengen visa for 4 month baby

Post by gunesz » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:40 pm

hi all. I have a 4 month old baby who was born in Turkey. To make it quicke to travel home to my EU country we applied for her Turkish passport however she needs Schengen visa.

Im from Slovakia but we are flying to Vienna. Can I ask the Austrian embassy to issue her a visa? Once we are at home she will get the her slovak passport and nationality. However if we would apply through my embassy it would take up 2 month and we cannt wait that long.

Thanks.

mgb

Re: Schengen visa for 4 month baby

Post by mgb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:33 pm

You can apply for a visa for the family member of a eu citizen from the austrian embassy for your baby. The question is if the austrians are willing to follow the eu rules to the book.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:18 am

Can I ask the Austrian embassy to issue her a visa?
Yes, you are entitled to apply.

But, some Embassies prefer to do nothing if they can.
So they may say..
We cannot issue Schengen Visa to EU citizen.
Or they may help you, and issue the child an EU family member visa.

There is nothing written down about how EU Consulates should assist
EU citizens with dual citizenship.
In particular when an EU citizen cannot travel using an EU passport, as in your child's case.
Or other similar situations such an expired passport, or dual citizenship with countries, where one
party does not recognise the dual citizenship, e.g. China

gunesz
Newly Registered

Post by gunesz » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:42 am

thanks. well im trying everythin as for us to go to Istanbul with a baby is very difficult. Austiran embassy has konzulat in Izmir that is only 1 hr from us but istabul is 10hrs and the plain ticket is very expensive.

Now my SK embassy just told me that if i go there for Schengen visa i have to give them 3 month statment???!!!! for a baby? FOR GOD SACKE!! she is SK national as by our law if the mother is SK national and the baby is born abroad still automatically gets the monthers nationality!!! First they said only 2 photos and plain ticket, now they are asking for bank statement??!!!

For sure i will not have another baby in this countery as it makes so difficult to get travel with her.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:15 am

Bank statement in not required.

You'll need to provide the below

Baby's birth certificate (with your name included in it)
Your passport
Proof of travel (plane ticket)
+ application form and photo

A visa will be issued free of charge.

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:47 pm

[quote="gunesz"]

Now my SK embassy just told me that if i go there for Schengen visa i have to give them 3 month statment???!!!! for a baby? FOR GOD SACKE!! she is SK national as by our law if the mother is SK national and the baby is born abroad still automatically gets the monthers nationality!!! First they said only 2 photos and plain ticket, now they are asking for bank statement??!!!

[/quote]

If the sk citizenship is not disputed is it maybe possible to get so called emergency travel documents from the sk embassy. Like a sk citizen lost his passport.

gunesz
Newly Registered

Post by gunesz » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:07 pm

after a lots of hussle finaly we got home with my babies TR passport adn 6 month Schengen visa. It took them 2 day to prepare it for her. I was shocked when we went to the ebmassy. There were a TR woman who told me 'IM DEALING WITH VISAS,SO YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE ME WHAT I SAY SO"- she said this as I told her that i was talking to a lady from my countery who told me different thinks. Now I cant get it! Why people from SK are working there if they have clue what papers you have to provide???!!!

Also, we have now tha appostolized document for our marriage and the baby birth certificate. It is in TR and French as dipolomat language. Do I have to get translated from TR or FR? as i do have to register her in SK. In the registering office they dont accept the appostolized paper??!!! sorry if this is a sily question.

thanks.