ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign passport validity for ILR holders on entry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oqureshi
Newly Registered

Foreign passport validity for ILR holders on entry

Post by oqureshi » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Hello,

My family and I hold ILR on Pakistani passports. We're planning to visit Pakistan over the December holidays for two weeks. My son's passport is expiring in March 2015, so another 3 months or so.

Is there a requirement for my son's passport to be valid for a minimum of 6 months upon re-entry back in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Foreign passport validity for ILR holders on entry

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:04 pm

No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oqureshi
Newly Registered

Post by oqureshi » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Thanks. Have you heard of airlines perhaps imposing their own rules or perhaps troubling passengers with less than 6 months validity travelling to UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:17 pm

The need is to have a valid visa and a passport that is not expired when you travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:46 pm

oqureshi wrote:Hello,

My family and I hold ILR on Pakistani passports. We're planning to visit Pakistan over the December holidays for two weeks. My son's passport is expiring in March 2015, so another 3 months or so.

Is there a requirement for my son's passport to be valid for a minimum of 6 months upon re-entry back in the UK?
I can tell you from personal experience that its never an issue. They might remind you that your password is due for renewal but no issues on entry as long as passport is valid.

oqureshi
Newly Registered

Post by oqureshi » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks!

fielddrive wrote:
oqureshi wrote:Hello,

I can tell you from personal experience that its never an issue. They might remind you that your password is due for renewal but no issues on entry as long as passport is valid.