ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help EEA2 Applicant! HO Visit Me!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Help EEA2 Applicant! HO Visit Me!

Post by jbentley009 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Hello, I need advice as soon as possible.Firstly, my application timeline is as follows:

Got married in October,2014
EEA2 application submitted 2weeks after in November
Application received on the 14th of November.
First letter about application fee received about one week after
First HO Visit on the 27th of Nov.
COA received a week after visit but dated 28th of Nov.
Second Visit on the 10th of Dec,.

The story:
Am a non EEA national and got married to a Polish.Am on a tier 4 student visa which would elapse in April 2015 but concluded my study in December 2014 already.

My relationship:
I met my wife while in one of the schengen countries on a visit in February 2013 but started our relationship in December,2013.I visited her in Poland early,2014.The age gap between us is just 1year and am older.I couldn't abide in her house as her Dad was ill at the time and needed space as they had lots of guests coming for visit during my stay and we decided to put up in an hotel for the 4/5days of my visit.The hotel receipt and all bills were submitted along flight details.My wife moved to London in July and currently excercising treaty rights,all valid documents were submitted along my application.

Home Office Visit:
The HO visited my house but met our absence around 6:45pm on the 27th.They went asking questions from neighbours as to who lives in my room and tried to confirm my name and that of wife too.My neighbours confirmed it! I was informed they were about 15 in numbers including police officers(I consider this an outright intimidation even though our marriage is genuine in all spheres).

2nd Visit:
Two weeks after(10th of Dec),two uniform men came again and said they were from the home office(they maintained a soft stance this time) and asked if they could check my room,this time,I was the only one at home as my wife was away to work.They checked our phone text messages,wardrobe,shoe rack,ask questions about her family,search my bathroom with funny random questions as to which of her family members attended the wedding and all.

At the end,the 2 harmless and soft spoken officers said they would respond to my application and that they were the ones that came the last time.One of them again asked when they could meet my wife at home if they decided to check back which I responded.My wife sleeps with one eye openned each time as she suffers from emotional shock each time she is hit with a surprise.

I feel a great discomfort and judging from the fact that,they may come again.My marriage is genuine and we trully love each other.Are they suspecting a marriage of convenience?Can anyone advice as to what to do?Do i need to inform my MP about this?What should i do?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

zusman
Pakistan

Re: Help EEA2 Applicant! HO Visit Me!

Post by zusman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 pm

can you state your nationality please?
did you use Toiec in the past to get extension for Tier 4?

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Im from West Africa.What do you mean TOEIFC? I never applied for tier 4 extension as my tier 4 visa is still valid till the next 5month.I have only applied for EEA2 visa.

Tnx

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 pm

hi zusman... i am going to apply for EEA2 tomorrow morning. as i got married end of November last month.. and i am tier 4 student and applied for extension march 2013 and HO already got my passport and they didnot reply me anything yet ,,,and yes i did Toiec test ... let me suggest if you have any news or update what should i do for my safe hand .. no doubt me and my wife living together and its been almost one year now .... waiting for your kind and quick reply .. THANX

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:50 am

Still inneed of help pls????? Anyone??????

Anna912
Newly Registered

Post by Anna912 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:48 pm

jbentley009 wrote:Hello, I need advice as soon as possible.Firstly, my application timeline is as follows:

Got married in October,2014
EEA2 application submitted 2weeks after in November
Application received on the 14th of November.
First letter about application fee received about one week after
First HO Visit on the 27th of Nov.
COA received a week after visit but dated 28th of Nov.
Second Visit on the 10th of Dec,.
Hi! This is a very stressful situation, and I am very sorry for you and your wife.
Seems strange HO visited your house even before they issued COA. In fact, seems to be a violation, since they are obliged to accept your application, allocate it to a caseworker and only then conduct all visits, interviews etc.

I think contacting your MP is a good idea.

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Thank you Anna,your advice is noted and would be worked on.Appreciate!

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

3rd time visitation by the HO!!! Help Pls!

Post by jbentley009 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Now,this is getting more unbearable! Just now,i received additional 3 officers from the HO.They still didnt meet my wife and she was just 20minutes closer to the house but they refused to wait rather they did routine check as usual,asked questions,checked phone chats.I reckoned it was 2 different officers plus a particular one that visited earlier.

Can anyone tell me what to do pls?I am just about dropping a letter for my MP,would that make any difference? I am equally considering writing to the European body to interfere in this.The HO officers couldnt find anything to trace our marriage as sham yet they kept rigmaroling and couldn't come up with anything tangible.I took pictures of how my room was scattered immediately they left,just to use this as evidence in court(future reference).

Our marriage is genuine with great intention.I challenged them why they kept coming after us and one of them answered that,they needed to meet her at home to justify we are living together even when they have all proofs,her cloths,undies,shoes,toiletries,pictures of her parents hanging,our pictures,things we shared and all.They equally stated we should have applied in my wife's country(Poland) instead of applying here.I found that appalling and a contravention of EU law on freedom of movement and right to live in a member country but i kept my cool.I am damn exhausted! My wife feels so agitated about this and i never see her in that mean confidence before.

Any help pls??

Thanks
Last edited by jbentley009 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Make sure you ask to see their ID and have a good look at it, ask if they have a warrant to search, if they do have a good look at it.

Talk to a solicitor.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:42 am

@357mag,thank you! I did ask of their names though and they responded but I may need to request their ID and search warrant next time.

Thanks

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:59 am

I have just written a letter to my MP and promised to look into the matter as soon as possible.Fingers crossed till then!

vinny

Re: 3rd time visitation by the HO!!! Help Pls!

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:42 am

jbentley009 wrote:Now,this is getting more unbearable! Just now,i received additional 3 officers from the HO.They still didnt meet my wife and she was just 20minutes closer to the house but they refused to wait rather they did routine check as usual,asked questions,checked phone chats.I reckoned it was 2 different officers plus a particular one that visited earlier.

Can anyone tell me what to do pls?
Offer them tea?

This may give your wife time to travel home.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:02 pm

@Vinny,I tried to delay them with series of questions but they were so swift to respond and leave.

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 am

Hello everyone,hereunder is an update for the response received from the MP:

'Thank you for contacting the office regarding your case. Today is my first day back in the office after the Christmas break and I have been looking at the issues you raised with us, but I am sorry if things have taken a little longer than expected.

I have now contacted the Home Office on your behalf, to seek to clarify your situation with them. I was told that your EEA2 application for a residence card is still outstanding and a decision has not yet been made, but may take several months to come through.

I was also told that a certificate confirming your right to work should have been sent to you by now, which I hope you have received.

As the decision about your application is still outstanding, and as a Member of Parliament cannot themselves make or influence that decision themselves, I wonder if there is anything further this office can assist you with?'

I was later referred to an immigration lawyer who equally advised i should wait till i get feedback from the Home Office.This is my journey so far!

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:47 am

Obie and the respected gurus???

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Jbentley,

It's obvious they are suspicious of your relationship / application hence why they keep visiting.

I know it's annoying but am not sure if there is anything you can do to stop it, you can be happy with the knowledge that they have to make a decision on your application within 6 months so I assume all this might stop after that. As long as your relationship is genuine then they would have to issue you the RC, just stay calm as you have been doing whenever they visit and you should be fine.

Another good thing is you already have the rights they are simply confirming what you already have and when you come to apply for PR you don't need to apply based on the RC issue date.

All the best.

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Thank you lake1.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:38 pm

If your application was made in November, UKBA has up to May to make a decision on your application. EU law provides they can take up to 6 months to make a decision.

There is little point getting wound up about it.

Provided you have received your COA, there is simply no basis to chase an early decision.

If COA has not been received confirming your right to take employment , then you need to chase it up.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:31 pm

Thank you Obie,I will keep fingers crossed! God bless you all!

jbentley009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jbentley009 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:58 pm

Hello Obie and the respected members,
We have just been invited for an interview after 3 home visits without meeting my spouse.

I shall keep everyone posted as things unfolds.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Best wishes with the interview.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors