ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via Limited Co. and Dividents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polyx
Newly Registered

ILR via Limited Co. and Dividents

Post by polyx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi there,

I'm hoping to apply for ILR in February 2016 (T1G). This summer I have set a Ltd. (director, only shareholder), and company made some money. My accountant gives me small salary and suggests taking dividents which I can understand.

Question:
For ILR I need to show earnings for continuous 12 months. If I not take dividients from previous earnings this year and take them, for example at some point next year instead, (in order them to be within 12month range till ILR) will this be counted towards earnings requirements ?

What bothers me is that company made this money in 2014 which will stay outside of 12 month by the Feb 2016, but me, as a director I will be taking dividents in 2015, so will this have any negative effect ? I hope I expressed situation clearly. :D

Many thanks!

bond.boy203

Re: ILR via Limited Co. and Dividents

Post by bond.boy203 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:10 pm

I did something similar for Tier-1 so it should be the same for ILR. See below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1095754

ashwini_k

Re: ILR via Limited Co. and Dividents

Post by ashwini_k » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Technically, you can only use the earnings in a the same year towards your income + dividends. There is no issue from HMRC perspective how you pay out dividends. But for visa applications Home office may ask for P&L statement, invoices and invoice summary to prove that the dividends you have claimed are against the profit after corporation tax for the 12 month period considered. It is clearly stated in home office guidance.