ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed:10 days to act!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Komla Adobor
Newly Registered

urgent help needed:10 days to act!

Post by Komla Adobor » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:52 pm

I submitted flr 10 yr lr form on 3/12/14. I submitted flr m form for my spouse at the same time as above. Both in-time applications but 28 days having since elapsed. My wife just received a ho letter advising that her form flrm m is invalid as partner is not present and settled in the uk (as my application is now being considered.) H O graciously attached form flr fp for my wife to fill and submit within 10 business days.
MAY somebody advise on which category on the flr she shd choose:
family life as partner 10yr route or
private life in the uk 10 yr route
she has been in the uk for 7 yrs and last ltr was as psw dependant. HO said no fee need to be paid as she has paid £601 for the flr m already. What are her chances of success given our circumstances?
Any advise will be appreciated

iffat-uk
Newly Registered

Re: urgent help needed:10 days to act!

Post by iffat-uk » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Komla Adobor wrote:I submitted flr 10 yr lr form on 3/12/14. I submitted flr m form for my spouse at the same time as above. Both in-time applications but 28 days having since elapsed. My wife just received a ho letter advising that her form flrm m is invalid as partner is not present and settled in the uk (as my application is now being considered.) H O graciously attached form flr fp for my wife to fill and submit within 10 business days.
she has been in the uk for 7 yrs and last ltr was as psw dependant. HO said no fee need to be paid as she has paid £601 for the flr m already. What are her chances of success given our circumstances?
Dear wot category should I selecte cuz in same situation, thanks.

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:52 am

Komla Adobor wrote:I submitted flr 10 yr lr form on 3/12/14. I submitted flr m form for my spouse at the same time as above. Both in-time applications but 28 days having since elapsed. My wife just received a ho letter advising that her form flrm m is invalid as partner is not present and settled in the uk (as my application is now being considered.) H O graciously attached form flr fp for my wife to fill and submit within 10 business days.
You can only sponsor your spouce if you are already settle here in the UK. You should wait until they approve your settlement status and then apply for flr m for your spouce.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:07 pm

I have advised people in your situation before.

When you made your Set LR application, did you ask the Home Office to put your wife's application on Hold until your application for ILR has been determined.

I strongly suggest that you write to them asking for this and also filling in the FLR(FP) form.

If they refuse to accept this, at least you know you would have made a valid application, which if refused will result in a grant of appeal rights, and provided your ILR is sorted before the hearing, and she has passed A1, you could put these new grounds in.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors