ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my COS - Help please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mansourr61
Newly Registered

Got my COS - Help please

Post by mansourr61 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi all,

I just received my COS, I have a number of questions and I would be grateful if you could help with any of them (sorry for the long text, I hope it can be helpful for other forum members too).

My sponsor is NHS and my role is Band 5 medical engineer.

1. I am in the final year of my PhD and not graduated yet. The category which is chosen on my CoS is "Tier 2 General - Tier 4 Graduate switching to Tier 2". Is that Ok? I am worried because there is another category as "Tier 2 General - Switching immigration category" which applies to my case too.

2. The Job title in the job advert was Medical Electronics Technician but in my CoS it is Medical Electronics Engineer. The matched job title from codes of practice is "2124 Electronics engineer". Can the slight difference between job title in the job advert and the cos cause any problem? will anyone look at the job advert at all? (I am exempt from RLMT)

3. The salary section of the cos, for "gross salary including any allowances and guaranteed bonuses" is £25700 which meets the requires salary criteria. However, the gross salary is £21500 and allowance is £4200 but these have not been stated in the cos separately. Is it fine? because I believe in the online application form I also need to give detailed info on salary.

4. Should I have my job offer or any document related to my job other than my CoS number with me? (I am applying in person)

5. If I need to change the visa appointment date, should I pay extra fees?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Mansour