ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Adult Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

First Adult Passport

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:30 pm

We did the Citizenship Ceremony yesterday, now the passport!

What's the consensus here now - paper application or is the online one working properly now? I seem to remember issues with the online one not prompting for grandparents details resulting in a rejection.

Any thoughts?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First Adult Passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:04 pm

I would still go for paper.

If you do it online, they still post it to you to complete some sections and sign it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:54 pm

You are better off using the check and send facility at the post office. This is more better - was for me when I sent mine and passport collected in less than 2 weeks after the interview.
Good luck.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:25 pm

I am not a fan of check and send due to lack of staff training but definitely paper application as online application is still broken for naturalised adults.

Nexus15
Newly Registered

Post by Nexus15 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:34 pm

JAYSON65 wrote:You are better off using the check and send facility at the post office. This is more better - was for me when I sent mine and passport collected in less than 2 weeks after the interview.
Good luck.
Hi there, that sounds positive. I am a fan of getting it right first time by myself though so
I plan to apply next week by special delivery wanted to know;

- what was your total timeline?
- did you send by sepcial delivery?
- how long between sending did you get your interview?

thanks.

hoederer
Newly Registered

Post by hoederer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:28 pm

I have just used the online form beginning of Feb 2015 and it is still not working properly---I got the infamous letter a week later and now have to refill the paper form and ask for the countersignature :evil: .....so just use check and send everyone...

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Nexus15 wrote:
JAYSON65 wrote:You are better off using the check and send facility at the post office. This is more better - was for me when I sent mine and passport collected in less than 2 weeks after the interview.
Good luck.
Hi there, that sounds positive. I am a fan of getting it right first time by myself though so

thanks.

This was within 2 weeks as I was able to book my interview few days after the post office checking.
This is more precise and I recommend this service.

Nexus15
Newly Registered

Post by Nexus15 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:51 pm

JAYSON65 wrote:
Nexus15 wrote:
Good luck.

thanks.
This was within 2 weeks as I was able to book my interview few days after the post office checking.
This is more precise and I recommend this service.

Thank you for your advice - I used Check and Send and glad I did...

I haven't received any confirmation of delivery (post office tracker) or receipt (email or sms text)... I will wait till Wednesday and follow up with the post office on tracking my documents. It worries me that I can't track it whilst others who applied the same day as me have some kind of confirmation already (four days max on reading application timelines)

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:27 pm

You can't track applications sent by check and send.
Reason behind that is because PO usually send multiple applications together. That also means that some PO can keep your application for few days so they send more applications in one go.

Nexus15
Newly Registered

Post by Nexus15 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:05 pm

akhurshid wrote:You can't track applications sent by check and send.
Reason behind that is because PO usually send multiple applications together. That also means that some PO can keep your application for few days so they send more applications in one go.
Thanks - although immediately calming, I just checked and they definitely sent it and it was signed for at the passport office on 12/02.

I couldn't imagine not being able to track my passport - I wouldn't send it if I couldn't find it. I was so worried because the person I spoke to on the phone said it was completely untracebale ( :!: :!: :!: )

According to Post Office, they are required to send the applications on the same day you apply - so even if they're waiting to bunch them up together, it will still need to arrive at HMPO the following day- Pheew!! I couldn't imagine not being able to track my passport - just had a mini heart attack finding this out!

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:11 pm

PO as company might have that policy but branches are franchised so you never know.
Its just like everything else royal mail is supposed to do but they don't. It all comes down to the individuals.

Nexus15
Newly Registered

Post by Nexus15 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:28 pm

akhurshid wrote:PO as company might have that policy but branches are franchised so you never know.
Its just like everything else royal mail is supposed to do but they don't. It all comes down to the individuals.
You're right. Gave me a really good scare but I'm glad it's over now ...well at least until I hear from HMPO. thanks for the advice.