ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Co-Sponsor changes?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nonstop
Newly Registered

Co-Sponsor changes?

Post by nonstop » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:06 pm

I have read on another immigration forum, that new immigration rules have been put into place regarding the use of a Co-Sponsor to assist in the financial side of a spouse visa application, and probably other types?.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation, as we are panicking a great deal since my wife and I were just about to start the spousal visa application using my motheras a co-sponsor.

The only info i have found other that the forum post from another forum is the following article http://www.gherson.com/articles/third-p ... n-of-huang

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:08 pm

Panic away.

The case in question is AM v Ethiopia, and it screws up everything.

Third Party support is no longer permitted in Entry Clearance cases.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:53 am

That's right - third party support is no longer allowed for spousal applications.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

blessedlady

Post by blessedlady » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:07 pm

avjones wrote:That's right - third party support is no longer allowed for spousal applications.
You mean support of any means. Like providing accommodation to the applicant (not financial). Sponsor is living with sister who owns a house.

Thanks

gogo
Newly Registered

Post by gogo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:59 am

I searched on internet everywhere i could not find any news about this.So it means it is not true that you cant have a co sponsor .

gogo
Newly Registered

I searched on internet everywhere i could not find any news about this.So it means it is not true that you cant have a co sponsor .

gogo
Newly Registered

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:08 am

Sorry to rain on your parade, but the fact you couldn't find the case doesn't mean it doesn't exist! It does indeed exist. It's even clear from the title of the reported case.

AM (3rd party support not permitted R281 (v)) Ethiopia [2007] UKAIT 00058
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.