ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status mistake on marriage certificate - is it serious

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dave_Was
Newly Registered

Status mistake on marriage certificate - is it serious

Post by Dave_Was » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:43 pm

Hello All,

Quick background first. I am a UK citizen married to an Indian citizen living and working in the US, based on my work permit, H1B. My wife and I got married about a year ago, in India, and she moved to the US a few weeks later to live with me on a dependant H4 visa. We are happily living together.

We are thinking about going back to the UK and I was looking at all the documents I would require. I seem to be okay but noticed a mistake on the marriage cert that we got from India.

On the marriage cert it says on the status when married box, it says unmarried for both myself and my wife. For me this is not the case as I was married before, got divorced and do have the decree absolute.

Going back to India to get this fixed, is not really an option for us at the moment, especially factoring in the problems we had trying to get the cert in the first place.

Is this going to be a problem? I am more than prepared to run down to Las Vegas and get married again and get a new cert.

Thanks,

Dave.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:21 pm

I doubt this will be a problem as long as you bring the decree absolute with you to the embassy when you make the application.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!