ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visit visa - dob changed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jlolololo
Mood:
Ireland

family visit visa - dob changed

Post by jlolololo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:28 am

Hello,

My relative wants to visit me in the uk. The issue is that my relative has visited me before on a general visitor visa, however, they have recently applied for a new passport which now shows a different date of birth (last passport had dob of 1952, new one says 1962). My relative lives in a country with a very lax attitude to documentation. My relative has no birth certificate and no idea of their real dob. The government recently decided to get strict about passports, and my relative had to go to a doctor for an age estimation.

what is the impact on their uk visit visa application? Will a covering letter be enough to explain the discrepancy?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: family visit visa - dob changed

Post by manci » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:33 pm

IMHO if for the previous visa your relative's biometric details were captured this shouldn't be a problem but a detailed explanation would still be necessary and the previous passport should also be produced.