ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Application after prolonged Nationality

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ugo
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence Application after prolonged Nationality

Post by Ugo » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Permanent Residence Application after prolonged Nationality Application

Hello all,

Jambo Please your attention is needed here

I would be glad if you can give some insight to this dilemma.
I applied for Nationality since May 22 2014, through Nationality Checking Service (NCS) and still no joy.
The application was supposed to be straightforward; Spouse of British Citizen by birth, and we have been living here since 2008, initially on Family permit Visa, then, Residence Card of Family Member of an EEA national (because spouse lived in an EU country before we came to UK together).

I have contacted my MP and she contacted the Home Office and was informed that there is no time limit to nationality applications.

I presently don't have any Visa in my Passport, as Residence Card has expired and this is affecting my career and development and of course I can not travel.

As a result, I am contemplating applying for Permanent Residence which would cost just £55 and hopefully the decision will be made faster before the nationality application.
What do you think guys, has any one passed through this route?

ja**s
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Application after prolonged National

Post by ja**s » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi Ugo I am in a simillar situation like yours, have you applied for EEA 4 permit? I am planning to make an application as the Naturalisation process is taking long time and I need PR status proof.

Ugo
Newly Registered

Re: Permanent Residence Application after prolonged National

Post by Ugo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:52 am

Hello Ja,

Yes, I did apply for PR on 29th of December. I followed it up immediately with letters requesting for priority treatment of application.
Received a call from the UKVI on Sunday the 24th of January asking if I am willing to withdraw my PR application since the Naturalisation application has been granted. I obliged.

I received the infamous brown envelope for naturalisation on 29th of January, took the oath on 30th in a private ceremony.

The waiting is finally over for me and I hope that everyone one that is waiting will smile soon.