ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Child Applying from outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajid08

Tier 1 General Dependent Child Applying from outside UK

Post by sajid08 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:55 am

Hi All,

Our child was born here in UK in Oct, we are on Tier 1 General, we have to now travel to Pakistan and we couldn't apply for kid's Dependent visa from here due to lack of time and will do it from Pakistan, regarding online application and documents, I've few questions, would really appreciate if someone can help me here.

1. In the online application form, in the Main applicant section, my details would be mentioned, right? not the child's one.

2. In the Maintenance section, for this question "Which area of the maintenance requirement are you applying under?", should I select "Own/Main applicant funds"? or "Parent or Legal Guardian Funds"?

3. In the Medical Treatment section, it asks whether "Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?", since she was born in UK and has visited hospitals 3 to 4 times after that, would the answer become yes because of this?

4. Does she also need to provide 'TB Test Report' with application as she's applying from Pakistan?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Syed

spellish
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent Child Applying from outside UK

Post by spellish » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:18 pm

hi syed

i am in same postion, i am looking for the same answers as well.

and i think from abroad visa fees is much cheaper than here, here is about £1600 while in Pak is £874.

Could please share your contact no, so we can discuss this matter deeply. mine is 07861802861 (Tanzeel)

Thanks
Tanzeel

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:45 pm

We just completed our application recently (and got the visa).
1) Main applicant is the child
2) Funds are from parents
3) Medical -- This one, even we were not sure. I ticked no (If I remember, the question in the application was something like "if you've ever [b]travelled [/b]to UK for medical treatment?". Even though my daughter was born in UK, she did not "travel" to UK for medical expenses. However, towards the end of application, I added a paragraph detailing the situation and all NHS services she had received.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:42 am

Hi,
We need to apply from India for my babies dep visa tier1 ,but baby born in UK.Should I show maintainence fund in indian acct or UK account?
Plz advice
Thanks

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Thank you very much iubus2005 for replying and providing valuable information, one confusion regarding Main applicant being child, then following questions aren't really making much sense to me.

1. Are you accompanying the main applicant or joining them later?
2. How are you related to the main applicant?
3. Does the main applicant have a Certificate of Sponsorship or Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies number?
4. Is the main applicant living in the UK?
5. What permission do they have to stay in the UK?
6. What job/course of study is the main applicant doing in the UK?
7. What is the address where the main applicant works or studies?

can you please help me with what answers you gave for these? these are all in Main Applicant section.

Thanks
Syed

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:53 pm

Go12:
We applied in US, and used the bank accounts in the USA.

Sajid08:
For the first couple questions:
1. Are you accompanying the main applicant or joining them later?
Since my kid was going to travel with me, I answered "Accompanying"
2. How are you related to the main applicant?
I answered something like "Child / Parent"

For the rest of the questions, you are the main applicant. So, the information here is about you, not your child.

Cheers,

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:22 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sumitt

Post by sumitt » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:35 pm

@iubus2005,
I am not sure if in Main applicant section you have to fill child details. Child is the applicant and Main Applicant is TIER 1 General Migrant (whoever if father or mother ).

Sumit

sumitt

Post by sumitt » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Also for accompanying and joining later section is relevant to visa rather than travelling .when the dependent child is applying at the same time as main applicant then it is accompanying or is applying separately then joining later. In UK, there is fee difference also for two scenarios.
This is not related to travelling together or not . that is a separate question in the application.

sumitt

Post by sumitt » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Do we need to have a TB Screening test done also for my 9 months old daughter. she has been vaccinated for TB in UK.
Is there recommended list of hospitals in India and where can it be found ?

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:13 pm

sajid08 wrote:Hi All,

Our child was born here in UK in Oct, we are on Tier 1 General, we have to now travel to Pakistan and we couldn't apply for kid's Dependent visa from here due to lack of time and will do it from Pakistan, regarding online application and documents, I've few questions, would really appreciate if someone can help me here.

1. In the online application form, in the Main applicant section, my details would be mentioned, right? not the child's one.

2. In the Maintenance section, for this question "Which area of the maintenance requirement are you applying under?", should I select "Own/Main applicant funds"? or "Parent or Legal Guardian Funds"?

3. In the Medical Treatment section, it asks whether "Have you ever received medical treatment in the UK?", since she was born in UK and has visited hospitals 3 to 4 times after that, would the answer become yes because of this?

4. Does she also need to provide 'TB Test Report' with application as she's applying from Pakistan?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Syed

understandable move, as application from overseas is actually half cheaper than from here

usually in PBS "main applicant" refers to the sponsor (in this case parent) but seeing as the baby is applying, it really doesnt matter what you tick. option "parent/legal guardian funds" is generally intended if funds are from baby's another parent with valid leave in the UK -- but you can't be faulted for ticking that, as you are also the parent

as for TB, well, technically there is a paper that says they shoudl not require TB clearance from those who actually live in the UK, so if the baby applied immediately after coming to Pakistan, I suggest you try to avoid enclosing TB certificate, but specifically write in cover letter -- "Child born in the UK and lived in the UK since birth, only arrived in Pakistan shortly before this application". this should be accepted. But there is some risk, because the clumsily as always worded rules actually say, as you correctly mention, that those "applying from" should produce TB certificates. so if you have time to obtain one, i always advice people to do it.

baby's birth in the NHS hospital is more so the mother's medical treatment then the baby's, but assuming they may have registered baby with the nhs, so I would put "yes" and in "other comments" write -- Child born in UK hospital, had follow-up medical exams, did not have any other specialized treatment, parents are entitled to NHS treatment"

NHS eligibility of children, by NHS rules, stems from parents' eligibility, children's individual entitlement is not usually checked
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

sumitt

Post by sumitt » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi Sangreva,

thanks for clarification , Much appreciate this. however, I have already filled the application with marking NO for the question is the you have received an treatment in UK.
Is there a way to change the answer now?
Also, as you have mentioned that you are authorized agent , are you based in UK or elsewhere. I need to apply for my PR next year so would be good if we cant talk. my number is 00000000000.

Thanks a lot for clarifications
Sumit

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:41 pm

no, if you already filed, then do not change anything

take the view that like i said, the birth in the nhs hospital is the treatment more so of the mother than the baby

and a few baby well-checks aren't really "treatment"

in any case, this question is rather meaningless for uk-born baby whose parents are entitled to NHS, it should not be any sort of problem

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:44 pm

sumitt wrote:Hi Sangreva,

thanks for clarification , Much appreciate this. however, I have already filled the application with marking NO for the question is the you have received an treatment in UK.
Is there a way to change the answer now?
Also, as you have mentioned that you are authorized agent , are you based in UK or elsewhere. I need to apply for my PR next year so would be good if we cant talk. my number is 00000000000.

Thanks a lot for clarifications
Sumit
Cheers, I am based in the UK, in Bedfordshire, near Luton.
hokeypokey@spammer.spam
http://www.noadvertisingspammer.co.uk
has all the contacts
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

sumitt

Post by sumitt » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:49 pm

thanks,

I viewed it in the same sense, I thought it is more for people who come on dependent visa and take an expensive treatment. However, since my child is born here, it was her right to get the treatment as also I am paying lot of money to NHS.

Regards,
Sumit

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:30 am

Thank you all for replying to this thread, it's been really helpful, I've now completed the form and submitted it, taken an appointment for 14th Jan, so please pray everything goes smoothly and we get the visa. One last question, who would be signing the application form? as they say it's mandatory and the infant cannot sign it.

Thanks

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:22 am

Thank you all for replying to this thread, it's been really helpful, I've now completed the form and submitted it, taken an appointment for 14th Jan, so please pray everything goes smoothly and we get the visa. One last question, who would be signing the application form? as they say it's mandatory and the infant cannot sign it.

Thanks