ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife of EEA what to do after Residence Card expire?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omaral
Mood:
Netherlands

Wife of EEA what to do after Residence Card expire?

Post by omaral » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:11 pm

Okay, for some reason I am not able to login with my old account or recover my password, if any admin reading this please resend my password userid(OmarA)

What should we do before my wife's Residence Document expire, I am EEA (Dutch) she's not from EEA.

Do we need to apply for Residence Permit or ILR? I am all confused with what to do.

She's been living in the uk with me and our two kids born in the uk too.

Do we need to apply for Resident Permit? Indefinite Leave to Remain? And when to apply? before the Residence Documentation expire?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Wife of EEA what to do after Residence Card expire?

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:44 am

Although not compulsory, she may apply for a permanent residence card.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

omaral
Mood:
Netherlands

Post by omaral » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:21 pm

vinny wrote:Although not compulsory, she may apply for a permanent residence card.
That is what I got from UKBA too but if wanting to apply for Naturalisation would she need to obtain PR first?

cafeconleche

Post by cafeconleche » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:29 pm

PR is automatically derived after 5 years of the EEA partner exercising treaty rights (both you and your spouse and kids will get it automatically). The card is proof, but not necessary to apply for naturalisation. It helps, though, if you get the card. Otherwise, for naturalisation, your partner will need proof of you exercising treaty rights and the risk that UKBA refuse it for whatever BS reason.