ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born to refugee family in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sinner

Child born to refugee family in UK

Post by Sinner » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Good Evening

We were granted refugee status and after 1 year we were blessed with a baby. How do we apply for a residence for our baby. Home office website is unclear about the forms. As one form says we need to pay £601 to apply for a permit which is not covered elsewhere. Whereas, another form is designed for settlement for refugees who wants to settle in UK after 5 years and want to include their children as well. I cannot search any single form which is specifically for the above purpose. Please advise.

vinny

Re: Child born to refugee family in UK

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:58 pm

If not travelling, then don't apply.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:51 am

If you want to leave the UK, then you could apply under paragraph 305 of the rules, using form FLR(O), and the child will be granted leave that correspondent with your current leave.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:56 pm

The fee to apply using flr(o) is £601. Is there any exemptions for refugee? When refugee apply for settlement there is no fee i guess.

Sinner

Post by Sinner » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:09 pm

just to inform the readers who are in similar position. I didn't applied using the form mentioned above. I consulted with Refugee support group and they have sent a letter to UKBA on my behalf explaining the change of circumstances and they have advised me that UKBA will send the documents for finger prints for my son within a week then after that we will get BRP card on which the leave will be in line with parents leave. After receiving BRP card for my son we will be able to apply for travel documents for my son and ourselves.

Thank you.

Tina87
Nigeria

Post by Tina87 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Please can you tell me the refugee center you used, or give me the number you used as this is really frustrating me.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Tina87 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 pm
Please can you tell me the refugee center you used, or give me the number you used as this is really frustrating me.
The OP has not visited the website since 2015.

Post your own story and details in a separate new thread for us to advise you further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.