ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP visa and visit access to other states (schengen)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fshaker
Newly Registered

HSMP visa and visit access to other states (schengen)

Post by fshaker » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:17 am

Hello,

Does anyone know if you get easier visiting access to EU Schengen states if you are a holder of an HSMP visa.... I was told Swiss visit visa for example is no longer required if you have HSMP...

I've just been asked by a UK recruiter about the potential ease of my mobility for a job that will require frequent travel in EU, Africa and Middle East.... I'm Egyptian and have always had to apply for visit visas for US, UK, Schengen and some middle east countries... but have never had a problem getting one before... I m wondering if HSMP status might make things a little easier....

Any experience you can share here would be appreciated...

Many thanks.. :)

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 am

The Swiss do not require a visa of anyone who has a Residence Document of the UK with LLR of more than 6 months and so the HSMP would also be included... atleast until the Swiss also join the Schengen. Sadly, there is such exceptions for any EU countries.
Jabi