ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can my wife travel with accompany visa without me?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

can my wife travel with accompany visa without me?

Post by robsters » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:29 am

We want to know when my wife issued her accompany spouse visa for ireland can she travel there without me on the plane providing i am at dublin airport when she arrives? the reason i ask is because the time she gets her visa issued my visa will expire so i will be forced to fly back before she flys

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: can my wife travel with accompany visa without me?

Post by 357mag » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:15 pm

Probably not, it would be better if you try to get an extention on your visa there.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:45 am

Hi Robster,
The visa usually States join/ accompany spouse. So I guess it doesn't matter. As long as u r at d airport waiting it should be good

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:03 am

Hello

yeah unfortunately extension might be to hard because it would involve getting a new visa. Airline should let my wife board the plane to Dublin providing i am at the airport when she arrives that should be same as accompany right?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:23 am

Hi,
You are over thinking the situation, the visa she will be issued will state join/accompany EU spouse
The airline will carry her as long as she has a valid visa.
When she gets to Dublin if the immigration officer ask bout u she should just let them know u r on the other side. They might tell her to call u just to be sure.

Have they issued her visa

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:13 am

Hi thank you

do you have the same visa already? and no she does not have it yet as her application was forwarded to dublin but the women on phone at singapore embassy told us not to worry my wife will get issued the visa just not sure how long maybe another 2 or 3 weeks but i may have to fly home before she gets her visa and both meet up in dublin later as my visa expiring for good this time and getting another one is costly and timely, i need to go home and get some more money

aligo
Ireland

Post by aligo » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:59 am

hi Robsters

did you had any issues with your wife's entry into Ireland without you. i am in the same situation