ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) maintenance using expired stipend

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

z123
Newly Registered

FLR(M) maintenance using expired stipend

Post by z123 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:48 am

Dear Moderators,

I am in the process of applying FLR(M) visa for my spouse. I obtained my ILR through long residency and my wife joined me after 9 July 2012.
I chose category B with combination of category C.
At the moment my partner an I are in non-salaried income which started from Oct 2014. The gross payment is adding up to the required per month (£18600/12).
Up to Aug 2014 I have been receiving a tax free stipend equivalent £13000. I thought of combining them both for the last 12 months to show my total income (net basis) to add up to £15800.
If we were to use category A with current employer we have to wait until April 2015, and there is uncertainty of continuation of current employment.

I am uncertain of the paragraph 6.4.1 in Appendix 1.7 FLR(M) Financial Requirement.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
It mentions to use stipend or grant (which are tax free) the applicant or sponsor should be currently receiving it.
Does this mean that I can not use my stipend (which was our sufficient income with no recourse to public funds) to show that we earning more than £15800 (net) in the last 12 months.

Thank you