ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions of British Citizenship application rejection

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CLW
Newly Registered

Questions of British Citizenship application rejection

Post by CLW » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:09 pm

I applied for the British Citizenship in November 2014 and contacted Home Office about my BC application. They refused to tell me about the progress and told me to contact them again after six months if I have heard anythings from them.

If I need to submit the additional information to support my application, will I be notified from Home Office as soon as possible? How long would it normally take to get notified from Home Office if there is something incorrect on my BC application?

t123456789

Re: Questions of British Citizenship application rejection

Post by t123456789 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:22 pm

If something is missing they'll write to you and give you a deadline to respond, usually a couple of weeks. They won't notify you until they actually start looking at your application. It's impossible to predict when your application will be looked at, some applications are decided in 2 weeks others in 6 months. There are numerous people who've applied in May still waiting as well as at least 1 from February.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:23 pm

I would send the information instead of waiting for them to get back to you. Just write a covering letter and include your HO reference number.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:34 pm

CLW wrote:I applied for the British Citizenship in November 2014 and contacted Home Office about my BC application. They refused to tell me about the progress and told me to contact them again after six months if I have heard anythings from them.

If I need to submit the additional information to support my application, will I be notified from Home Office as soon as possible? How long would it normally take to get notified from Home Office if there is something incorrect on my BC application?
In my view both 't' and akhurshid are correct. In my view if you have missed crucial information they will write to you and in that case you just sit and wait as you dont know what you missed and their letter will tell you. But if you think some incorrect information was included in your application ( eg. wrong address ) then you should write to them ASAP with covering letter. Good luck :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.