ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen - Spouses seperated

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pinina
Newly Registered

British Citizen - Spouses seperated

Post by pinina » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:37 am

Ok, I think this is my thread
My husband and I are still married (7 years) and we are not thinking about divorcing but we aren't living together due to some marital issues (he cheated!)

I've been in the UK for 4 years and got my ILR at the beginning of 2013, I would like to apply for my british citizenship but I wouldn't like to lie where they ask where my husband lives he is living in another house at the moment.

Would that be correct? I've got everything else right.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizen - Spouses seperated

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:29 pm

I have separated and moved your thread to the correct forum.

The requirement to apply as spouse of BC is that you are still married, have resided in the UK for 3 years and hold ILR.

If you are separated, it is fine because you are still legally married. If he lives at a difference address, then tell the truth.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank you for your reply, that was very helpful!

I think I have everything I need now, just one thing, my last tax return wasn't brilliant in fact I started to actually earn a living properly on the 2013/2014 one but I'm not sure I can finalise this tax return before I'm applying for the naturalisation.

Would it be a problem if I give them the last one which was quite poor and I present supporting documents as payslips and contracts to show that I can sustain myself?

Also do my self assessment online, would it be enough just to print it from the online version or is better to ask for it to the HMRC?

Thanks a bunch!!
Pini

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Are you self employed?

There is no requirement to be employed but if you are, you need to provide the relevant tax reference numbers asked for on the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Would it be a problem if I give them the last one which was quite poor and I present supporting documents as payslips and contracts to show that I can sustain myself?
For those who entered the UK on a spouse visa, you are imagining a requirement that does not actually exist!

The actual requirement is that you have complied with tax and NI law, and paid everything you were due to pay, on time. But there is not actually a requirement to earn everything at all, and not your facts, if someone after coming to the UK had not earned a penny, for example they were always a housewife, or househusband, that would not be a bar to applying for Naturalisation.

After all if someone has earned nothing, then the tax and NI they are due to pay is nothing. Not a problem.
John

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:17 am

John wrote:
For those who entered the UK on a spouse visa, you are imagining a requirement that does not actually exist!

The actual requirement is that you have complied with tax and NI law, and paid everything you were due to pay, on time. But there is not actually a requirement to earn everything at all, and not your facts, if someone after coming to the UK had not earned a penny, for example they were always a housewife, or househusband, that would not be a bar to applying for Naturalisation.

After all if someone has earned nothing, then the tax and NI they are due to pay is nothing. Not a problem.

Thank you John and CR001 !!
I guess I should chill the F out!! LOL

:)

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Hello everybody;

I'm applying this Friday and I still have some little doubts.

1) I just saw that my referee (the "important" one) put "Managing Director" instead of "Company Owner" or "Company director".
Is Managing director a suitable referee? I can't find a list of suitable referees besides "Lawyers, Civil Servants, etc"

2) 3.5 Address of Tax Office. I am both Self-employed and recently opened a company. I have no idea what and where to find which is my Tax Office? if that make any sense. Would it be OK to leave that blank? If not, anyone knows where I can find that?

3) 6.7 I've been reading around and found that some of you said to "erase it", sorry if it sounds too stupid but, how? its a PFD, shall I cross it with a pen?? Sorry to be thick.

Thanks a lot!!!

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:46 pm

I am wondering if anyone who's applied on the basis of marriage to a BC but SEPARATED at the time has failed on the application?

I didn't like the face of the woman who pointed that my husband and I were living in different addresses when I applied at the NCS yesterday.