ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Move with my US Spouse back home?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Natonstan
Newly Registered

Move with my US Spouse back home?

Post by Natonstan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:14 pm

Hello everyone, just curious, I MIGHT be thinking about moving back to Ireland sometime in the future, I myself am an Irish citizen, with an Irish passport. My wife is a US citizen by birth, am I right in thinking I can simply enter the country with her, and then visit the local Gardai station to register her presence? Or is it more complicated than that

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Move with my US Spouse back home?

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:48 am

Please see the below link for clarifications:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

=====================================================

A). If you are a non visa required national who has entered the State legally within the last 90 days or if you are a visa required national and you are within the period of permission to remain granted to you on arrival in the State (except short stay ‘c’ visas):, or if you have current permission to remain in the State on an alternative basis both you and your Irish national spouse/civil partner should attend at your local Garda National Immigration Bureau Registration office with the following documentation:

Your original marriage/civil partnership certificate
Your original passport
Your Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s original passport
Evidence of your joint address

=====================================================